Main Menu

Recent posts

Public Discussion / Re: Our Kickstarter: discuss i...
Last post by NeoSuperior - May 27, 2014, 10:53:36 PM
I agree. I think if PS would be known enough, we would get the funding done, even though the opions are split in black & white (i.e. some totally dislike this idea while others praise it to the highest heights) over this project. But that is exactly the problem. We must reach the "everyday gamer" somehow to find those seeking a hardcore game like PS. The good thing is that PS is not a no-brainer, but it does not hurt the project if the kiddies don't support the project, because they don't own a credit card (though I cannot exclude the possibility that some kids can make their parents support a project, like they make them pay for their WoW account for example). However the kiddies are those who usually spread the word very fast around the globe, so not having that is quite a problem to get well-known or even popular.

I just feel like suddenly when the project started, the dev team is either throwing out footage to show, but neglecting to actually get an audience for that footage. Wasn't there an "external PR firm"? Did they start working yet? Because to be honest I don't see any greater effects yet. Granted, I didn't donate yet either, but I will still have enough time to do that after my early exams. The point is that PS will never reach its funding goal if most people don't even know of the existence of Project Stealth. And even from the people who know Project Stealth... they may not know that the kickstarter started!
Last post by Roberto1223 - May 27, 2014, 10:00:44 PM
I also posted a thread about PS in the Star Citizen forum!

I'm starting to run out of ideas! We need more help!

We need Google to show PS when people search generic keywords like "spy versus merc"

I search Spy versus merc and I only get splinter cell results in the Youtube hits.

We need to find a way to make Project Stealth appear on Google search with broader terms. The only way to make Project Stealth appear on Google is to search "Stealth action multiplayer" "Project Stealth"

Frvge, you must add the "Spy versus merc" "SvM" "Spy vs Merc" "Spy vs. Merc" and maybe even "SCCT" or "Splinter cell" tags to all of the Project Stealth YouTube Channel videos.

PS must get more search hits!!!
Last post by frvge - May 27, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
UE4 can export to Linux, yes. Support is getting better.
Public Discussion / Re: Idea for HUD and online co...
Last post by Roberto1223 - May 27, 2014, 05:09:59 PM
Well, you know where to look for translators (here in the community)!
Last post by Roberto1223 - May 27, 2014, 05:01:53 PM
Linus Tech Tips email (business inquiries only): LinusTechTips@gmail.com

I refrained from contacting him since I can't "do business" with him directly.
I believe he charges pretty much only like 20 dollars for a sponsor ad, which is very cheap and has very very high exposure (trust me). Project stealth must invest 20 dollars.

I contacted Nixie Pixel (No response yet) but I told her that there is potential for this community developed game to be transferred to Linux (once ported to Mac OS) and hopefully that will motivate her to mention this game in her next video!
Last post by frvge - May 27, 2014, 11:45:16 AM
September-ish.
Last post by NeoSuperior - May 27, 2014, 10:13:47 AM
Quote from: Roberto1223 on May 27, 2014, 09:29:26 AM
I contacted Joanne Tech Lover, she said she may mention it in her next Vlog.

She said the game looks good, but that it might be hard for her to talk about something she hasn't tested out.

She told me to let her know when there is a some kind gameplay test so that she can try it out (she usually streams her gaming via Twitch TV so it should be a good idea to let her have beta access or whatever.)

Well... according to the kickstarter page the Beta would in September... IF the funding succeeds that is...
Last post by Roberto1223 - May 27, 2014, 09:29:26 AM
I contacted Joanne Tech Lover, she said she may mention it in her next Vlog.

She said the game looks good, but that it might be hard for her to talk about something she hasn't tested out.

She told me to let her know when there is a some kind gameplay test so that she can try it out (she usually streams her gaming via Twitch TV so it should be a good idea to let her have beta access or whatever.)

Public Discussion / Re: Idea for HUD and online co...
Last post by frvge - May 27, 2014, 02:03:04 AM
It's an idea we've tought about before. It's farily straightforward to implement, but it will also need translation and so on and if we want to support community-made maps down the line, it's not feasible.

I think if you can bring this idea up when we start alpha-testing, it might get included :)
Public Discussion / Idea for HUD and online commun...
Last post by Roberto1223 - May 27, 2014, 01:49:30 AM
Hey guys I recently re-installed an old game called Medal of Honor Allied Assault to play it online (still has a large community wow!), and I noticed that one of the things I miss the most from old-school multiplayer games is the ability to send out messages through the character.

I think it would be nice if the game incorporated a quick-message system in which the number pad of a keyboard can be used to send out important messages such as "enemy spotted in main lobby". Ideally people should use microphones but realistically not everybody will have them, so implementing this may help a lot.

Also, in the Counter Strike Global Offensive HUD we have the name of each room or part of a map appear in the upper left corner of the screen. This is an excellent idea which if implemented in PS will help everybody learn the room names more easily for more efficient communication.

If every map is systematically designed then every map should consist pretty much of the same basic parts and simply be different in terms of its theme (more or less). This is very evident in CSGO and it helps in tactical communication.

For example every map pretty much has a so-called "cat-walk" or a "ramp" or a "tunnel" so if PS maps are designed in conjunction with this quick-communication system the game will feel even more tactical than SC could ever be