Main Menu

Weed!

Started by I <3 U, January 03, 2011, 06:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puuusianka

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on January 04, 2011, 12:53:17 AM
Obviously weed or anything else for that matter isn't for everyone. I don't fault or care if people hate weed or don't ever want to smoke it. I just don't think anyone who has never smoked it can pass judgement on it or on those who do smoke it.

Dread you still didn't clarify for me your statement but that's ok, you make no sense to me anyways.

Yes Farley it may be a gateway drug for some but those people were destined to try that other shit anyways. I know because like I said, I've been smoking pretty much every day for 30 years and I have zero desire to try other shit, I don't even drink alcohol (that shit is ten times worse than weed for a body and society).

Weed is pretty much harmless to MOST people. Some get carried away and some move on to other shit but when was the last time you heard of a guy getting baked and beating his wife? How about smoking a joint and starting a fight at a bar? Weed just doesn't have the social problems that alcohol has. If anything booze should be illegal because it kills more people in an year than weed ever will.

of course there will be more cases in media where alcohol made somebody do sth bad cause alcohol is legal. So this statement was rather crappy. Then again legalizing drugs won't make it better.

I <3 U

Why would I want to try it? I don't want to spend money on shit that going to harm me and others around me, with the amount I will buy because of addiction I could probably buy myself car insurance or something, or even better PC.

Sorry mate, you talk of addiction, do you know that weed is less addictive than tea/coffee? FACT.

I <3 U

Quote from: puuusianka on January 04, 2011, 01:02:42 AM
Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on January 04, 2011, 12:53:17 AM
Obviously weed or anything else for that matter isn't for everyone. I don't fault or care if people hate weed or don't ever want to smoke it. I just don't think anyone who has never smoked it can pass judgement on it or on those who do smoke it.

Dread you still didn't clarify for me your statement but that's ok, you make no sense to me anyways.

Yes Farley it may be a gateway drug for some but those people were destined to try that other shit anyways. I know because like I said, I've been smoking pretty much every day for 30 years and I have zero desire to try other shit, I don't even drink alcohol (that shit is ten times worse than weed for a body and society).

Weed is pretty much harmless to MOST people. Some get carried away and some move on to other shit but when was the last time you heard of a guy getting baked and beating his wife? How about smoking a joint and starting a fight at a bar? Weed just doesn't have the social problems that alcohol has. If anything booze should be illegal because it kills more people in an year than weed ever will.

of course there will be more cases in media where alcohol made somebody do sth bad cause alcohol is legal. So this statement was rather crappy. Then again legalizing drugs won't make it better.

are you having a laugh. If anything the media will try and produce more stories against it BECAUSE it is illegal. Take mcat for example (methadrone). In the UK it's a massive new drug among students. The media said it killed 2 people. Purely methadrone (mcat, the street name for it). After a while later on they then announced it was a concoction of other drugs involved aswell, and i mean a fuckload of other drugs. The media will slant to whatever the government want them to say.

i've taken it recreationally, and it's not a case of me being the prick that everyone knows "i've done this this and this",  but take everything the papers say with a grain of salt.

I <3 U

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on January 03, 2011, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 03, 2011, 07:05:18 PM
Quote from: I <3 U on January 03, 2011, 06:47:03 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 03, 2011, 06:41:38 PM
Yeah good luck with that belief.

As well as, why would you want to smoke it? Bullshit of believing it relaxes you? For the consequence after? From all the money you spent on weed, you could have bought something bigger that would benefit you without killing you.

Smoking is just a pathetic way of having fun without trying. People who don't smoke living way better than the ones who do, and they have a perfectly happy live, same for the drinking.

Well, don't knock it till you tried it. I smoke it socially, with friends. It's cheaper than alcohol. You have an incredibly stereotypical view of stoners I think my friend. Generalization is BAD!

And I won't try ever, it's bullshit, and it has bullshit written all over it. I can live without it, and I can have a normal social live with my friends without it.

Like was already said, don't knock it until you try it. You are making sweeping generalizations on something you know absolutely nothing about. It is actually kind of funny because you sound like every politician who is against it, they talk without knowing anything about it as well. I am an engineer who has smoked it for 30 years. Not bad for a stoner, an engineering degree and and long successful career, I guess I am wasting my life.

You also say "Shouldn't be used anyway, smoking weed means you harm others around you with the smoke..."

This is another one of your goofy statements. Everyone I know who smokes it would never smoke it around other people who don't smoke it. They are also likely more concerned about others than peopw who amoke tabacco. If you had actually smoked weed and not just what you see and hear on TV and news maybe you could make generalizations based on some semblance of knowledge instead of just spouting from the rooftops.

IMO weed should not be illegal. Decriminalized is more the way to go. Why fill up jails with people busted for carrying a bit of weed when they should be filling up with murderers, rapists, and other useless people of society. It's kind of sad to see so many people here beleive the bullshit the government sells them.

Just read this.

QFE!!!

I <3 U

Quote from: Farley4Fan on January 04, 2011, 12:27:24 AM
Dread, people who get addicted to marijuana are weak minded and foolish.  If you aren't, then you have nothing to worry about if you try it.

Weed, is almost physically impossible to get addicted to. Unless you like to spend your day doing fuck all, and even then its fucking hard. I mean I'm lazy and will be the first to admit that, but even so! I've been smoking for about 3/4 years now and in the last year it's been heavy. Almost daily. I'm at university, not failing, and still getting all my shit done. I honestly don't see where this stereotype of stoners comes from! People who 'say' they're addicted to marijuana, seriously need to man the fuck up!

Sorry for the quad-post btw. Drunk. :(

Bubbaganoosh

I hear ya man. I have been smoking a long time and I went to school, got an engineering degree and a good job. Not bad for a guy who smokes a half oz a week.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Tidenburg

I'm a new student at Uni in the uk, so needless to say it's everywhere. I smoke it socially, some people in my flat come back from lectures and "wind down" with a joint, you can smell it everywhere but I quite like the smell, to be honest.  :-X

Dread, a lot of the shit you're saying could also be applied to alcohol, I don't know where you live (if you're US then it's 21, right?) but if you're not a social drinker then you'll soon realise where you're wrong and that the short-term TINY damage is worth the experiences they give :3

Also the argument that you'll be healthier than weed smokers just because you don't smoke it is a load of crap, chances of death from heart failure is something like 1 in 5, so if your diet is crap you'll die first anyways. Or you might just get hit by a car or something ;) Not to mention you can take weed in cleaner ways than just smoking a joint.

Irrelevant anyways, a joy filled life is better than a dull, slightly longer one.
YESIJUSTUSEDTHEWORDJOYGETOVERIT

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Tidenburg on January 04, 2011, 07:00:46 AM
I'm a new student at Uni in the uk, so needless to say it's everywhere. I smoke it socially, some people in my flat come back from lectures and "wind down" with a joint, you can smell it everywhere but I quite like the smell, to be honest.  :-X

Dread, a lot of the shit you're saying could also be applied to alcohol, I don't know where you live (if you're US then it's 21, right?) but if you're not a social drinker then you'll soon realise where you're wrong and that the short-term TINY damage is worth the experiences they give :3

Also the argument that you'll be healthier than weed smokers just because you don't smoke it is a load of crap, chances of death from heart failure is something like 1 in 5, so if your diet is crap you'll die first anyways. Or you might just get hit by a car or something ;) Not to mention you can take weed in cleaner ways than just smoking a joint.

Irrelevant anyways, a joy filled life is better than a dull, slightly longer one.
YESIJUSTUSEDTHEWORDJOYGETOVERIT

US? I wish, I am in UK as you :P

MulleDK19

Quote from: I <3 U on January 03, 2011, 06:16:25 PM
FR33M4N @ Baked!

So i'm ready for one of those debates. What does /community think of it regardless of whether you smoke it or not? Should it be legalized?

I personally think it's awesome.

Sure, legalize it. But then I want assassination of ignorant losers legalized too.

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Bubbaganoosh

This is very true. Hell if you walk outside in any major city you probably suck in more CO in an hour than smoking a few doobs.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

I <3 U

Quote from: Morten "MulleDK19" Pedersen on January 04, 2011, 12:32:28 PM
Quote from: I <3 U on January 03, 2011, 06:16:25 PM
FR33M4N @ Baked!

So i'm ready for one of those debates. What does /community think of it regardless of whether you smoke it or not? Should it be legalized?

I personally think it's awesome.

Sure, legalize it. But then I want assassination of ignorant losers legalized too.

Get the fuck off the pedestal you seemed to have put yourself on. I hate everything about people like you.

Gawain

instead of thinking how we can statistically improve our lifespan we should be working on making it an awesome ride  8)
to say it like a fortune cookie: "Life is not about the moments we breathe, but the moments that take our breath away".
discuss :D

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on January 04, 2011, 04:18:26 PM
instead of thinking how we can statistically improve our lifespan we should be working on making it an awesome ride  8)
to say it like a fortune cookie: "Life is not about the moments we breathe, but the moments that take our breath away".
discuss :D

I think I would rather die when I was 60 having lived my life to the full than die at 80, regretting things I never did and generally having wished I had done more with my life when I had the chance.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on January 04, 2011, 03:34:15 PM

This is very true. Hell if you walk outside in any major city you probably suck in more CO in an hour than smoking a few doobs.

No because you will breathe it anyway, as well since you will breathe the CO in, and add weed into it you will do more harm to yourself with that +

I <3 U

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 04, 2011, 05:52:33 PM
and add weed into it you will do more harm to yourself with that +

I think you should do some research on it rather than say the same same thing in every post =].