Main Menu

Menu music

Started by frvge, June 30, 2007, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

I'll be posting my progress here on an orchestral main menu sound.

Old but high quality version and a newer version (uploaded to edit:not necessary anymore, check other attachment).

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

The beginning need some work but the rest is great!

HeroFromHyrule

I agree, the first 10 seconds or so don't really fit with the style of game IMO, and should be worked on.  The rest of it seems to be on the right track though.

frvge

Need more comments.

What should improve? Other ideas are welcome. Note that this is only around 40 sec out of 4 minutes.

edit: ok thanks. I started with the slower, easier on the ears-part, because you need to have slow and fast parts with differences in volume. I'll keep the current part till it's almost finished. Then I might rework that part.

And could you all please say the seconds? Because what I think as 'part 1' might be different than your 'part 1'. So to avoid ambiguity, please say: "the part between 0:16 and 0:25 sucks".
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

I swear this was a link before... I don't know how to open a .ogg file :P

HeroFromHyrule

I believe it was literally the first 15 seconds of the song.  It just seems more like it belongs in the music for a CRPG than for a Splinter-Cell style game.  The way the music picks up after that is good though, but I'd like to hear a better intro before commenting on the rest of the song.

Tidenburg

OK.
From 0:00 to 0:19 sound like somthing the tudors made. Then for a few seconds (4) it sounded like tomb raider menu music then it got good.

Gui Brazil

Nice update. It got way better and gave it a nice stealth feeling.

Tal

The last 10 secs are the only part that fits into the style imo... It sounds like something from an MMORPG more then a stealth based game.. Needs more stealth... I like it but it just doesnt fit a stealth game for me...

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Maybe something like the theme from MGS: The Twin Snakes (GameCube) or something that doesn't fit the concept(stealth), but fits the gamplay (say run and shoot - merc)??
Either way i have the music turned off for some unknown reason...
Anyhow, i like to hear what's happening on the map, but in the menus, i'd like the game to put you in a mood of your choise (stealth/aggro, fast/ slow, etc), so i say multiple tracks, but you don't have to make them on you own - some artists may aggree to let you put theirs track in the game.
Anyways, i won't listen to it :P

Gawain

vote4 mission impossible theme/"the rock" soundtrack/mgs stuff/pandora main theme

frvge

Got new plugins for a more electronic start. Yay.

frvge

Update: more electronic start. I am not really happy with the transition, I'll have to think of something else to make it more fluent I guess.

See attachment

Gawain

this is no music, it really sux. don't do it if you are no musician (if you are, you are really bad).

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Just use something already made, im sure someone will let us use their work...
Find something on music.download.com or... crap i dunno!!! i use p2p...