Unnamed hospital map of mine(pics incl)

Started by T2C LeBron, November 25, 2007, 02:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2C LeBron

Here is a render with no work on the textures and a lot geometry needs to be added.  This was made with blender(open source 3d modeler).  Which can output into unreal. Only a couple hours of work so expect a lot more in a couple weeks.  I'll put a video walk through on youtube when i get the inside done. 

About the map

I know hospital might be a little worn out but I think this map can be pretty good.  You start out underground in a light rail train station(small subway) that is under construction(huh who would of that for splinter cell).  You get into the hospital via sewers and some other ways(not 100% yet).  The first floor of the hospital is not under construction but looks like it is completed(think krasur's lab).  It has a ER and three other rooms.  On L1 there is the loading dock which has pipes that go to the roof and can enter through a vent and a doorway.  Also there will be a large extravagant entrance lobby with a huge water fall on the back wall. 

The second floor of the hospital is not completed and still under construction.  It will be darker, flickering lights, and almost orphanage atmosphere. Open roof tiles and such.  There will be a freaky research lab with tables and tanks.  This is still under planning.

The roof will have a helicopter pad and two methods of getting inside.  Via a stair case and a heat vent.  You can't run across whole roof barred off from pipes.

Here is the floor plan for the ground level.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Sounds good, like a combination of Krauser Lab and Mount Hospital, but the pictures remind me of the DA map, Dock or something it was called.

T2C LeBron

Its a truck loading dock for trucks to come in.  It looks bigger then it is going to be.  Its just gona be a small area with a couple pipes leading up and a entrance into the hospital on the ground floor.   This isn't the front its the back.  Its gona be the size of that court yard in mt hospital.

Overstatement

It seems too simple so I'm not quite sure where you could put the vents spies go through.

Tidenburg

Im very nearly done with my game. Once it's done i'll be able to start doing some concepts aswell :P

T2C LeBron

Quote from: Overstatement on November 25, 2007, 03:53:26 AM
It seems too simple so I'm not quite sure where you could put the vents spies go through.

that is just the very basic layout there is gona be lots of ways in and out vents.  Also the layout doesn't include the basement, second floor, and roof.  Keep in mind that render of the loading area is just tiny bit in the back of the map. 

Farley4Fan

looks too small to have 3 objectives in it.  They would be crammed and hopefully not too easy to guard.

T2C LeBron

Its the very very very rough sketch of it and only the ground floor. I'm making a much more detailed one now post back in a hour or 2.

Gawain

so i guess the entrence will look similar to river mall?

goodkebab

for testing....port it to the CT editor and play it in that.  We are working at the same scale as CT.

its going to be a lot of work to get a finished map.

T2C LeBron

Yea its a  lot of work.  Going to try to polish more on the outside, scale it better, add stuff. Then start working on modeling the downstairs. Lol I need to buy chaos for comp today or tomorrow(4comp). Also I have to add at least a couple more ways for getting from the spawn into the 1st floor. I'm thinking maybe a ladder from spawn into the waterfall.

Upstairs I came up with a couple Ideas.  Their would be two main wings, one pych ward and the other research facility.  Might base my design on phyc ward on the movie "one flew over the cuckoos nest"   

Gui Brazil

You should use all the meshes/textures from the editor and stuff, modeling and painting them all by yourself is gonna take you months...

Farley4Fan

Looks good, reminds me of the bank mission from CT's single player.  I mean the courtyard up front with the office in the building it connects to.

T2C LeBron

I'm gona get unreal real soon and start making the map.  Show you some pics when i get far.

Westfall

Quote from: T2C LeBron on December 23, 2007, 08:58:23 PM
I'm gona get unreal real soon and start making the map.  Show you some pics when i get far.

That sounds unreal...........................w0000000000000