I suggest a change

Started by Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet, February 22, 2011, 03:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Apparently all the good posters except maybe a couple old-timers are gone
(Agent excluded, he always gets emotional and gets trolled).
Everyone turned into a spammer, spamming and spamming
and spamming useless crap all over the board.

Getting to actual content is harder than before, and so I suggest appointing
a mod or two who would extract all the useful content into a separate,
read-only portion of the forum,

Also, people should begin to get banned, or at least silenced. Dimmy was banned several times,
always for being agressive. Is spamming not being agressive towards the reader?
It certainly is, as I see it.
Therefore, I believe the best course of action is to keep to a small rule:
"If your post is not relevant to the topic, you get your posting rights taken form you for 24-48 hours"
Notice I said "relevant to the topic", not "to any of the previous posts".
This forces every post has to be kept on track, discussing a given problem/ option or issue, without having all the "he said she said/ it's his fault/ she started" emotional bullshit.
If you want to discuss matters personally/ feel offended because of a post, take it to PMs.

I dearly cling to the idea that somebody (frvge) will decide to bring this to life and the forum will become
easy-to-use again.

puuusianka

What exactly made you start this topic?

frvge

I'll take it in consideration. If approved, we'll have to think of a way to choose the mod(s).
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

I think quoting someone should get rid of all pictures in what is quoted.

I abuse it faaaar too much, and it's unintentionally done far too many times also.

;D
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

VaNilla

Quote from: Limerick on February 22, 2011, 05:11:42 PM
I'm sick of being mentioned as if im some douchebag that wandered around the forums looking for someone to fight with... leavbe me out of it or get the facts!!

I actually agree, I think it's weird that you came back on so many fake accounts, but at the end of the day you were just defending yourself against nerds ganging up on you, trying to be cool :P

puuusianka

You are responsible for your past actions. You should take it like a man instead of whinning.

Farley4Fan

Succubus should be banned right away then because this is not in the "About Our Site" section. 

I keed, i keed.

But seriously, the mods are far to lax to ever implement something like this.

NeoSuperior

well... as long as Dread and Agent don't get the mod position, it's fine with me  ;D
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

B1nArY_001 just got semi-global modship. Yay for him.

If needed, we'll see about picking a member from the community later.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ion.67

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 22, 2011, 10:59:45 PM

Binary! Job one above / \
                                l l
                                l l

AgentX_003

Quote from: Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet on February 22, 2011, 03:58:04 PM
Apparently all the good posters except maybe a couple old-timers are gone
(Agent excluded, he always gets emotional and gets trolled).
Everyone turned into a spammer, spamming and spamming
and spamming useless crap all over the board.

Getting to actual content is harder than before, and so I suggest appointing
a mod or two who would extract all the useful content into a separate,
read-only portion of the forum,

Also, people should begin to get banned, or at least silenced. Dimmy was banned several times,
always for being agressive. Is spamming not being agressive towards the reader?
It certainly is, as I see it.
Therefore, I believe the best course of action is to keep to a small rule:
"If your post is not relevant to the topic, you get your posting rights taken form you for 24-48 hours"
Notice I said "relevant to the topic", not "to any of the previous posts".
This forces every post has to be kept on track, discussing a given problem/ option or issue, without having all the "he said she said/ it's his fault/ she started" emotional bullshit.
If you want to discuss matters personally/ feel offended because of a post, take it to PMs.

I dearly cling to the idea that somebody (frvge) will decide to bring this to life and the forum will become
easy-to-use again.

Hate me all you want but at the end of the day, I get the job done. Speaking of getting the job done,
whatever happend to monitoring the amount of spamm accounts that have been entering  this forum ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

I delete them when they have their birthday :) Banned a shitload of hosts, so most shouldnt be able to signup anymore.