Tick Tock (basic movement animations)

Started by frvge, May 04, 2009, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

He's just trying to say that as long as animations look acceptable and you won't have the many bugs from CT it's all right.

Tidenburg

This _isn't_ nitpicking: Show me a video of you rolling like that without having to visit hospital afterward and I'll be fine with that animation. Otherwise it looks absurd for somthing that isn't a cartoon. >_>

frvge

Show me an agency that only works with sticky shockers. Or an agency that puts mines next to the things they need to guard.

Animation is a lot better than CTs, except for your minor realism-argument thing.

They were AFAIK modeled after professional atheles, not fighters/soldiers.

The team likes it, so it stays. Else make a vote. If it has enough votes, we can change it later on, if David agrees.

The Spy has > 50 animations, not including blends. A normal FPS-shooter has < 15. We're already pushing our animation-resources to the max. And if I have to choose between David making a new animation that hasn't been done yet and redoing a part of an animation that looks great already but is slightly off (in your view), I pick making the animation that's still needed. Tweaking can be done at the end.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Roberto1223

guys

can u make it possible for "back to wall" animation to be fast and easy to get out of?

what i mean is like, if u get a frag shot at you, you can now escape from the "back to wall" by pressing

'S' or 'W' movement keys and not have to press "Z", wait for the 1.5 sec animation and then press "W or S" to run.

it be cool if u guys make all animations cancelable by the own spy and not just by a merc's smack etc.

frvge

I think it's possible. We'll see about implementing that.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

the back to wall animation shouldn't last 1.5 seconds in the first place...

Tidenburg

Just played MGS again for the first time in AGES last night, I went onto the online mode and the Merc roll exactly like this (but theirs is less of a leap). But then, MGS was always for a of a stylised game, not to bent on realism. :)

Spekkio

I agree with Roberto here; the PS devs should strive to get the animations as fluid and natural as possible. Games obviously don't have to be 100% realistic, but the way people move about should be. The spy's animations do look a bit...awkward.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Roberto1223 on May 29, 2009, 10:11:56 PM
guys

can u make it possible for "back to wall" animation to be fast and easy to get out of?

what i mean is like, if u get a frag shot at you, you can now escape from the "back to wall" by pressing

'S' or 'W' movement keys and not have to press "Z", wait for the 1.5 sec animation and then press "W or S" to run.

it be cool if u guys make all animations cancelable by the own spy and not just by a merc's smack etc.

that's why you should configure you controls like single player :P , q is back to wall  for the win = easy access in intense situations.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD