New video ideas

Started by SpliNterCellFan697, May 28, 2013, 06:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpliNterCellFan697

Alright here's a list of video ideas that I have down.

- Map walkthrough of Asylum
- In progress gameplay footage of Asylum (When the map is finish and functional enough)
- Demostration with the Tazer gun and other gadgets
- Demostration on firing the Mercenarie's Automatic and Semi-Automatic Assault Rifle and using the grenade launcher along with the other gadgets the Merc has. 
- Demostration on the elbow hit for the spy or whatever you guys are adding in to push away the Merc, and show off the cooperative moves
- Probably a new gameplay trailer
- A video of concept art
- A behind the scenes video along with interviews with the developers themselves
- A demostration video on the Mercenarie's mele attacks with NCP spies and showing off their "special moves" while the NCP spy is down
- Functioning in progress gameplay footage in the map LakeHouse with 2 vs 2 on story mode

Those are my video ideas I did have two other's but they both sound ridiculous:
- A video of FRVGE putting on sunglasses and putting two thumbs up while smiling at the camera  8)
- A 1:00 video of you guys break dancing (In the game project stealth with mercs and spies of course) ;)

Splinter Cell never had killing in motion to begin wtih.
3rd in command of the DSC clan.

frvge

Too bad I never smile, but I can give you this:  8) . Is that good enough?
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SpliNterCellFan697

Lol, yeah that's completely fine. What do you think about the video ideas?

frvge

We're working on stuff. Will be interesting. Got a delay of 2-3 weeks, but it'll get here :)
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: frvge on May 28, 2013, 07:29:15 PM
We're working on stuff. Will be interesting. Got a delay of 2-3 weeks, but it'll get here :)

NEVER EVER say 2-3 weeks again. Please JUST DON'T. I saw how that ended in the last few months :(

And maybe you should just do a surprise release of a playable version too. I mean... I mean I just cannot stand even 1 more time you say that "We are sorry but due to people having work/college/vacation, x and y will be delayed by 2 months". I die inside everytime I read that :(
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

It's even worse for me, really...

However, to give a bit of insight, there are currently 2 business projects, 1 2D art project, 1 mapping and 1 programming project active. This is the most we've had in a while.

SpliNterCellFan697

So is tigaer still working on the 2d stuff?

frvge

He finished the new Merc HUD a while ago. We're now working on implementing it. That's the 2D art project. He also left after finishing it, to pursue different things. We'll see what the future brings.

SpliNterCellFan697

Aww that sucks man. But that's good he finished the 2d hud for the Merc before he left. Did he finish the 2d hud for the spy or is it just the Merc?

frvge

Spy HUD hasn't changed. Merc HUD is currently more important.

RaDRoacH

So the merc HUD will be totally different from the one in this image?
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

frvge

Well, it will be restyled, yes.

NeoSuperior

What brought you to that decision? Why was it necessary to restyle the Heads-Up-Display?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

frvge

because it's better/cleaner now.

SpliNterCellFan697

I don't get it. The merc's hud looks okay from the image. Is there bugs or some type of error within the first hud itself?