table assignment finished .. render and zip inside

Started by ray mysertio, April 26, 2008, 08:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray mysertio

780 triangles display mesh, high resolution for optimal graphics. if you want it lower ply i will weld and optimize.
100 triangle collision mesh , for very acceptable yet fast-rendering collision.

max default scanline render , normals generated with crazybump and custom texture painted by: dimz

zip of all maps and the model in ase format here :

http://70.8.237.2/~reason/tablePS_Dimz.zip

mesh skinned and UCX_ collision using optimized but similar primitives included , enjoy!

Tell ppl to fuck off over the net, just expect them to want to fight you until they can.

Hyrage

Looks oky, but isn't the base too short for a table? From the image I see it may looks too short.
Good job
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

ray mysertio

i measured it against a 175 cm "spy model " cylinder , and it comes up to about the mid hips ...

simple draw scale 3d upon placing it in a map will do the trick for exact measures , thz for comments .

where the grey-ish black cylinder is the 175 high , 64 cm wide "spy" and the table is imo appropriate . let me know if you have argurments against its correctness , ty.
Tell ppl to fuck off over the net, just expect them to want to fight you until they can.

Hyrage

Quote from: ray mysertio on April 26, 2008, 09:06:44 AM
i measured it against a 175 cm "spy model " cylinder , and it comes up to about the mid hips ...

simple draw scale 3d upon placing it in a map will do the trick for exact measures , thz for comments .

where the grey-ish black cylinder is the 175 high , 64 cm wide "spy" and the table is imo appropriate . let me know if you have argurments against its correctness , ty.
Nice, under this perspective it seems perfect to me.
Only need testing now ^^.
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

ray mysertio

also i dont have ut3 installed , going to do that right now , but if the normal map is junky looking i know you already knwo what to do but i recommend de-amplifying it or completely removign it fromt he material .

ray mysertio

oh and that tabletop ineeds a 2 sided tex ,  kthz. lol

i will get used to working under people again , very quickly , i think of it within 15 minutes so i expect an exponentail rate of timelyness coming .

[EDI] i have ut3 installed and imported the model and textures ... \\

from what i can see the glitch in the uvmapping is not present in 3ds max but is there for ut3 ...

i am oworking on fixing this and may need to update the ase . sorry , i will learn .

ray mysertio

hmm i produced an error when beveling the rim of the table , forcing the texture to bend because ignor backfacing was on during selection .

updated and fully tested mesh (ut3 tested) here : http:70.87.237.2/~reason/replacementmesh.zip

now that i have ut3 instaled that will never happen again , all apologies .

ray mysertio

if anyone that is viewing my work and using/evaluating/ checking up on it ,

my xfire is : reason3d
msn is : reason3d<@>gmail.com

feel free to add me , i am not a monster as it may seem lol , on a personal level im actually very courteous .

ray mysertio

umm been an hour or more since anyone's replied ...
SO ...  ::)

can i get somethign real to model and skin and animate and stuff kk can i ?

I <3 U

Quote from: ray mysertio on April 26, 2008, 12:32:42 PM

can i get somethign real to model and skin and animate and stuff kk can i ?

BACK
sorry for the late reply, its looking pretty good dude, nice!!

I'm at my mums house atm, so i won't be able to do anything with it until tommrow night.

proportions can be changed in the editor. From the side view it looks as if the foot stands are slightly different, maybe you could tweak it abit, please, but overall a very nice job ^^. And come on xfire already, so we dont have to discuss this over teh forum, it's not really the right place

LennardF1989

Quote from: ray mysertio on April 26, 2008, 12:32:42 PM
Forums are always dead around that time, soo boring.

I wouldn't be the right person to give constructive critism on models, but overall it looks nice. How about making the texture a bit more darkish (less light feeling) and the actaul base (the black-grey part) darker, it would look more realistic then.

Aj

Double Post!  Triple Post!  POSTACULAR!!!  POST FRENZY!!!!

Farley4Fan

POSTAMANJARO!

What's up with all the halo talk on the forums lately lol

LennardF1989

Those posts should be marked as spam, don't. He created this topic now anyway, if you don't have anything constructive to say, then shut up. This is a presentation forum afterall where non-devs can post their work.

Farley4Fan

Ya sorry.

What's up with the rightish leg on the table?  One of the support thingies is longer than the rest for some reason.  Might wanna fix that.  ;)