Main Menu

Menu music

Started by frvge, June 30, 2007, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

@Gawain, there's a different between background music and normal music. More constructive please... what instruments would you like to hear? Computer-like sounds? Humming/buzzing?

@Kok4f4n, do you know any non-vocal band that specializes in stealth-music or light-electronic?
Since many liked the orchestral version of hughi, the band should have connections to hire a whole orchestra for free. Good luck finding that.

My personal goal is to have all things of PS open source. I can provide notes to play with my own creations. I can't if someone else has those rights.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

I mean things that are already made... and yes, i would find some band, if it werent for my traffic limit (10 Gigs.. crap). I can see what i have on my CDs though ;]

frvge

Any CD'd media is a no-go. Unless they published it themselves. Only 'open source' music, so released to the public without intervention of a Sony/EMI/[whatever] might be considered.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

HeroFromHyrule

I like what you've got going on with the first instrument, although I think I would like it better if it sounded "stronger" or more electronic.  I don't really like the instrument that chimes in 3 seconds into the song, it just seems a little out of place IMO.  I agree with the transition not working, but with the beginning not really being complete, working on a good transition is a bit more difficult.

frvge

The first instrument is a trombone (swelling in volume and decreasing at the end of the notes), trying to act as a transition between the electronic start and the orchestral part after it (with a trumpet section). A harp is added as arpeggio.

Any ideas for melodies are welcome. Melodies shouldn't be too interfering, but should be picked up by the unconcious brain.

Also please list instruments.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

the theme from super mario bros.

frvge

Quote from: Kok4f4n on July 01, 2007, 09:41:52 PM
the theme from super mario bros.
*sigh* Bit more serious.

Tidenburg

Oh please frvge. SC is sooo blatantly a rip of Super Mario. Strip away all the fancy graphics and moves, it all comes down to jumping on heads.

Overstatement

Quote from: Tidenburg on July 01, 2007, 10:30:27 PM
Oh please frvge. SC is sooo blatantly a rip of Super Mario. Strip away all the fancy graphics and moves, it all comes down to jumping on heads.

It's true

Gui Brazil

Quote from: Gawain on July 01, 2007, 06:51:37 PM
this is no music, it really sux. don't do it if you are no musician (if you are, you are really bad).

Start posting something useful. If you hated the rapper guy, you're being even worse right now.

Bionic-Blob

offtopic: gui, where the hell are you o.o

tigaer

Make it sound like these,
http://www.myspace.com/behaviormusic
http://www.behaviormusic.com/artists/michael_mccann/music.htm

Those are badass.
Listen to the New York Infiltration theme 1, and make the menu sound like that. That would match the game perfect.

Valserp

OK, frvge, first piece sounds kinda epic - like a knight's theme.
The second one sounds more in line but it's too flat, too empty. Needs moar effects and an instrument or two. I'm no expert but that's what I think is wrong with it.

Tal

the new edit is much better in my opinion but still not fitting in with the stealth style. As valserp said its too empty... right now it sounds like FPS music... remember doesnt this repeat itself over and over again? you want something that keeps the player interested while not taking too much attention away from the game.. If that bit repeated itself over and over again I would soon get bored of it and turn off my speakers.
Your doing an outstanding job man I dont think it sucks as Gawain said just doesnt fit into the style of game :)

Quote from: tigaer on July 02, 2007, 02:11:04 AM
Make it sound like these,
http://www.myspace.com/behaviormusic
http://www.behaviormusic.com/artists/michael_mccann/music.htm

Those are badass.
Listen to the New York Infiltration theme 1, and make the menu sound like that. That would match the game perfect.
Tigaer ubi probably hired that guy for DA for a reason... cuz he was so damn good  ;)

Tal

what about something like this:
http://www.talzzz.com/felch_pop.wav
its obviously not as good as that stuff that tigaer sent a link too but hey its an idea... I found this somewhere in my computer im pretty sure its open source... or you can use this maybe as a guideline if people like it... I certainly do...
what do you guys think?