Jumping and turning ?

Started by AgentX_003, January 09, 2011, 04:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you really find Jumping and turning cheap ? / Removed out of the game ?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
9 (52.9%)
Perhaps
2 (11.8%)
I think
2 (11.8%)
I dunno
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: January 13, 2011, 04:15:59 AM

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Meister_Neo on January 10, 2011, 05:37:22 PM
i am not sure... but if i remember correcty, then EAX can also be used without hearing every sound of the map, if implemented into the game correctly (in CT it was done bad)

Well I don't remember, but Frvge said that UDK doesn't support EAX?

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 10, 2011, 05:41:45 PM
i am not sure... but if i remember correcty, then EAX can also be used without hearing every sound of the map, if implemented into the game correctly (in CT it was done bad)

WRONG. Frvge said this a while back that Ubisoft didn't properly implement eax but hinted
that you could do it within UDK and provided you with this link: http://www.udk.com/features-audio.

Seems like someone has a real good attention span.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 10, 2011, 05:44:43 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 10, 2011, 05:41:45 PM

WRONG. Frvge said this a while back that Ubisoft didn't properly implement eax but hinted
that you could do it within UDK and provided you with this link: http://www.udk.com/features-audio.

Seems like someone has a real good attention span.

Seems like someone sucks up too much on the internet :)

NeoSuperior

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 10, 2011, 05:44:43 PM[...]Frvge said this a while back that Ubisoft didn't properly implement eax[...]

ahh so i was right with:

k... i rly enjoy your show "Dread_Agent team"!

Dread (as merc) vs Agent (as spy) :P

let us all enjoy the show! *eats popcorn*
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Meister_Neo on January 10, 2011, 06:12:50 PM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 10, 2011, 05:44:43 PM[...]Frvge said this a while back that Ubisoft didn't properly implement eax[...]

ahh so i was right with:

k... i rly enjoy your show "Dread_Agent team"!

Dread (as merc) vs Agent (as spy) :P

let us all enjoy the show! *eats popcorn*

I like it too, because I know I would kick his ass, but it wouldn't be enjoyable since beating a 50+ year old man is just not worth my time.

Now beating someone like Kingwebs or Knooger or Blackve....ahhh wait been there done that, now that would be awezome!

Blurzz

I skimmed over this thread.

MY OPINION
I think it would be a decent idea for when a merc just got done charging or berserking and when you're in that "tired" state that you won't be able to jump. This being PC you'll still be able to turn pretty fast so there is not much of a disadvantage of "Oh, I charged and now I'm completely vulnerable. Spy imba!" crap going on.

Overall though, it really shouldn't matter. I think most people here have played this game a ridiculous number of hours and have just learned to deal with it, so whether it stays or goes I doubt it'll matter.

As for EAX, please don't implement it. Like, at all. Almost no games now-a-days use it anymore and even without it you can still hear things in games pretty well, especially things like footsteps. Do people even buy the sound cards that support true EAX anymore? I recently bought a sound card and the overwhelming majority of people recommend an Asus Xonar.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Blurzz on January 10, 2011, 06:25:40 PM
I skimmed over this thread.

MY OPINION
I think it would be a decent idea for when a merc just got done charging or berserking and when you're in that "tired" state that you won't be able to jump. This being PC you'll still be able to turn pretty fast so there is not much of a disadvantage of "Oh, I charged and now I'm completely vulnerable. Spy imba!" crap going on.

Overall though, it really shouldn't matter. I think most people here have played this game a ridiculous number of hours and have just learned to deal with it, so whether it stays or goes I doubt it'll matter.

As for EAX, please don't implement it. Like, at all. Almost no games now-a-days use it anymore and even without it you can still hear things in games pretty well, especially things like footsteps. Do people even buy the sound cards that support true EAX anymore? I recently bought a sound card and the overwhelming majority of people recommend an Asus Xonar.

The thing is, I switch off EAX when I play against people that I know, but people sometimes just refuse to do it, and if hey they don't switch it off, I balance it by having it turned on, and ofcourse most of the time people say EAX is cheating, even if it is I don't really care, if you don't know how to stealth with EAX on then aggro, otherwise you are just ignorant, and you can stealth against eax users, maybe not for half of the match but definitely enough to win.

As well as I like the idea for the afterburn of not being able to jump at all, also should be the same thing for crouching, cause crouching does work like a Jump bug when you get bashed.

SteveTheCookie

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 10, 2011, 06:30:03 PMif you don't know how to stealth with EAX on then aggro, otherwise you are just ignorant, and you can stealth against eax users, maybe not for half of the match but definitely enough to win.
Oh really? How? By waiting 3 minutes for a mine to blow up so you can safely walk one step forward without being heard? Mercs with EAX absolutely FORCE spies to be aggro, or they will lose. Which pretty much ruins the game, because people can't even choose their playing style.

I don't remember exactly what Frvge said, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but even if there will be EAX in Project Stealth, the devs won't screw it up like the CT devs did.

zglina

Quote from: SteveTheCookie on January 10, 2011, 08:23:50 PM
Oh really? How? By waiting 3 minutes for a mine to blow up so you can safely walk one step forward without being heard? Mercs with EAX absolutely FORCE spies to be aggro, or they will lose. Which pretty much ruins the game, because people can't even choose their playing style.

I don't remember exactly what Frvge said, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but even if there will be EAX in Project Stealth, the devs won't screw it up like the CT devs did.

I agree with you. It is rly annoying when people with EAX force u to use aggro.

VaNilla

EAX isn't the problem ::), it's just the way they made the game. As for being able to hear footsteps, there's nothing wrong with that as long as it's from reasonable range, in fact it's a good thing to have.

Farley4Fan

Only if the footsteps can only be heard while the spy is RUNNING, aka not in sneak mode.  That would just be stupid.

frvge

Footsteps' volume are based on location and speed. There's a steep falloff, but just enough to give the Merc a warning for a suddenly running Spy behind him. Else we can tweak all the parameters with ease.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: SteveTheCookie on January 10, 2011, 08:23:50 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 10, 2011, 06:30:03 PMif you don't know how to stealth with EAX on then aggro, otherwise you are just ignorant, and you can stealth against eax users, maybe not for half of the match but definitely enough to win.

By popping a Smoke Grenade or Chaff grenade or both at the same time will give you enough noise.

knooger

Quote from: Farley4Fan on January 10, 2011, 09:32:02 PM
Only if the footsteps can only be heard while the spy is RUNNING, aka not in sneak mode.  That would just be stupid.
I hear people with snake mode :)) You can hear it when spy use two buttons.

Anyway stop cry about CT, ubisoft should mute a lot of sounds and fix a lot of bugs when ppl's tazer just shoot while they sneak ( without using fckin tazer ).

Anyway, about sound in PS I want see (hear):
-NO SNEAK SOUNDS, WHEN I USE SNEAK MODE THEN SPY SHOULDN'T MAKE ANY NOISE.
-Randomly climbing sound ( in CT it's loud as fuck + happens everytime )
-Why laser in tazer is turning on so loud?

Since DX10 EAX is D E A D so I don't see reason to waste time to implement this crap into the game. Most people use onboard soundcards and can't emulate EAX, so it's useless.

If you can't win stealthy aganist players with EAX then you makes a lot of mistakes. So learn to play safe or just play aggro, anyway 100% stealth round is bullshit, it's always better to mix both styles and get best advantages from them.

AgentX_003

Quote from: KnoogeR on January 11, 2011, 03:15:26 PM
Quote from: Farley4Fan on January 10, 2011, 09:32:02 PM
Only if the footsteps can only be heard while the spy is RUNNING, aka not in sneak mode.  That would just be stupid.
I hear people with snake mode :)) You can hear it when spy use two buttons.

Anyway stop cry about CT, ubisoft should mute a lot of sounds and fix a lot of bugs when ppl's tazer just shoot while they sneak ( without using fckin tazer ).

Anyway, about sound in PS I want see (hear):
-NO SNEAK SOUNDS, WHEN I USE SNEAK MODE THEN SPY SHOULDN'T MAKE ANY NOISE.
-Randomly climbing sound ( in CT it's loud as fuck + happens everytime )
-Why laser in tazer is turning on so loud?

Since DX10 EAX is D E A D so I don't see reason to waste time to implement this crap into the game. Most people use onboard soundcards and can't emulate EAX, so it's useless.

If you can't win stealthy aganist players with EAX then you makes a lot of mistakes. So learn to play safe or just play aggro, anyway 100% stealth round is bullshit, it's always better to mix both styles and get best advantages from them.

I totally disagree on all fronts.Knooger we aren't talking about onboard sound that was 10 years ago
because actually onboard sound has came around a long way and I for example have onboard realtek
hd audio and it works like a dream.

a 100 percent stealth round is bullshit ? . Try telling that to Seefoo  or even solidus / snakebit o_O. A stealth round is majority bullshit to most players these days because the fact that people lack patience because I have had instances where people think I am afk just because Im not near their posistion in the set amount of time that they are expecting.

@ Meister_Neo : The battle of brain and braun as you so put it, I know for a fact that if it was me Vs. Dread 1 on 1. He wouldn't stand a chance.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD