Is anyone interested in a game of Mafia?

Started by VenomousNinja, November 14, 2011, 09:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomousNinja

I only ask because I honestly don't know how many active humans are still on this board, let alone if any of you would be willing to play a game like Werewolf/Mafia.

But in any case, anyone interested?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game) <-- Mafia, for anyone who hasn't played it.

Cronky: Fixed the link... at least for me

frvge

Haven't tried it, but it's popular, so sure. I'm a newb.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

yep i would like to! But i don't know how day/night would be regulated, and which variant we would take, because there are several. Hell, there is even a StarCraft2 custom map of this (which they cannot extend right know because of a "script size limit" in SC2 editor)

so go ahead i am in. Now we are 3. I wonder who takes the GM role?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

SteveTheCookie

I've never played, but it sounds fun. Count me in.

Cronky

What is this? I know the link pointed towards the description, but how do you start??
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

VenomousNinja

Quote from: Cronky on November 16, 2011, 09:42:16 PM
What is this? I know the link pointed towards the description, but how do you start??

Usually you start at night, so that the seer and etc. can collect information. Then move to day, narrator has been killed, lynch a dude blalalala.
Then it's night again, only this time the wolves can kill anyone they want.

Then move to day, and repeat.

Cronky

Sorry, let me rephrase that...

How do we begin...

Wait, read the wikipedia page again (well, actually read it in general). How many people are needed to start this up?
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

VenomousNinja

Two things...

Quote from: Cronky on November 17, 2011, 09:46:56 PM
Sorry, let me rephrase that...

How do we begin...
That is the same question I answered >:|
Wait, read the wikipedia page again (well, actually read it in general). How many people are needed to start this up?

Minimum of four, preferred to have 6+ players, though

Cronky

I can't seem to put the right words to what I'm trying to say...

I meant when we have enough people how will we begin the game? Like will you start sending people messages on the forum? Or will this take place in some mass chat thing? Or do we go to some website? Stuff like that. Not just "How does the game, rules-wise, start".

(I haven't really played a game like such before. So I'm trying to get a grasp on how it works.)
-----------------------

VenomousNinja

We'll start a new thread, I'll communicate roles (and the players will communicate their nighttime activities) to me through PM, anything else, including lynching, will take place in the thread.

Farley4Fan

Quotenighttime activities

Sleeping?  Unconscious masturbating?

AgentX_003

Quote from: VenomousNinja on November 14, 2011, 09:13:05 PM
I only ask because I honestly don't know how many active humans are still on this board, let alone if any of you would be willing to play a game like Werewolf/Mafia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game) <-- Mafia, for anyone who hasn't played it.

No but I would be interested in Project Stealth being developed with on going update status.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

VenomousNinja

Quote from: Farley4Fan on November 18, 2011, 07:24:50 AM
Quotenighttime activities

Sleeping?  Unconscious masturbating?

No, uhh... Killing, seeing, visiting...
You know. Werewolf stuff.

Quote from: AgentX_003 on November 18, 2011, 09:20:38 AM
Quote from: VenomousNinja on November 14, 2011, 09:13:05 PM

No but I would be interested in Project Stealth being developed with on going update status.

If you really just came into this topic to say that, then you, sir, can fuck off. /blunt

CurdyMilk

Mafia is awesome.  But it's more fun if you do it in person so you can read people's faces.  So on that note, it could be difficult.  Plus we don't have enough people. :(