Tick Tock (basic movement animations)

Started by frvge, May 04, 2009, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OFFICER

Quote from: frvge on May 09, 2009, 02:24:04 PM
Don't forget that the Spy has a spine-protector. :p
They will help during game,or so it is simple for appearance?:)
Has come,Has seen,Has won

Snakebit.

I didn't see charge for merc , the rest was okay , but why the hell merc has such tiny hands ?

LennardF1989

Quote from: frvge on May 09, 2009, 02:24:04 PM
Don't forget that the Spy has a spine-protector. :p
UHHHHHHH! Low punch ;D

goodkebab

There are a lot of cool animations that didnt did not make it into  the vid,  like split jump, wall flip,  (and a new move that does not exist in the original splinter cell series)

As far as the hands go,  technically,  merc and spy have equal sized hands.  Its possible to fix the thickness,  but not the length.

MR.Mic

I think the hands look so small is that most other games have characters that could palm a basketball in each hand.

Like so:
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

grajjio

is it some kind of special effect with the mercinary helmet? i saw that it was blinking or somthing from the backof his head. is it so the spies can see what kind of vision he is using?

frvge

That is correct. There's a fading light in the color of the Merc's vision mode.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

Roberto1223

*when crouched and slow walking the arms look weird. they should look more natural.

they look as if hes surfing or doing some hawaiian dance and not even doing it correctly.

should let the arms be more loose and move a little more.

*and when running standing up, his head looks like a piggeons head eating seeds on the floor.

guys u should record some video of a person running. analyze and compare the movement.

*the mercs legs are very long and wide open. when walking crouched it looks weird.

Overall, it seems as if ur animations are heavily influenced on anime. its a shame.

frvge

The Merc's animations will probably be improved. The Spy's are fine. You're nitpitcking. You have some points, but those are extremely small (hawai/surfing = it has to loop and is to stay in balance (like a cat's tail), so that's why it probably looks like that, pidgeon = your spine moves, so your head moves. Keeping it straight also doesn't look right).

If you want better animations, please contact me so you can send us a few hundred euros so we can pay for David to work parttime for half a day. Deal?

Criticizing work that's done for us by experts for free is fine, nitpicking is not and annoys me, TBH.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Roberto1223

whatever dude u interpreted things the way u wanted to.
if u dont want opinions then destroy the forum. lol.

frvge

Reading isn't your strongest point it seems.
Criticizing work that's done for us by experts for free is fine, nitpicking is not and annoys me, TBH.

Only because it annoys me doesn't mean it's not allowed. ;)

neth

I agree that spy's hands don't look great from behind, however i really like how his head moves. (Velociraptor style).

It's not totally weird, you can see some similarities comparing to professional athletes:

Notice how Asafa uses his head to gain speed:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjA2n63CmKw&hl=pl&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VjA2n63CmKw&hl=pl&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Gawain

as long as movement feels smooth and responds quickly i have np with some animations looking only 95% realistic. it's not like i cared much about ct animations, and ps animations pwn the crap out of ct animations any day. oh wait, there was one thing i cared about: not being able to get out of a started animation sequence, especially placing a bomb, hacking etc. but i guess that'll be history anyways.

Cyntrox

Rambo: That's programming, it doesn't really have anything to do with the actual animations.