each team with one set eq?

Started by seefoo., October 24, 2007, 08:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

You've never seen anyone camping with camnet?  How long exactly have you been playing?

Vega

Quote from: Papa Skull on October 28, 2007, 08:55:01 PM
Ummm, yes it does.  They find a nice hiding spot and stay there and look through their cam until they find a spy, then attack him.  Most of the mercs DO camp with camnet, and you can hardly do anything to them besides flash em or put them to sleep. 

I've never seen anyone skilled with camnet go and sit in a corner and wait till he finds a spy.  It's easily countered and not that much of a problem.  If you're having a lot of trouble with a person camping with camnet, then you need to work on your skill as a spy.  Spies cam a camper because it's a free knockout.  Anyone that sits with camnet is asking to get cammed. 

The main probelm I see with camnet is how much a merc can see it just a couple of seconds while switching through the cameras.  He can see someone in digger room, and be in the back of main (near machine) and tell his partner "he's in digger."  He doesn't need to camp for that, a quick glance periodically will do the trick.

neth

Quote from: Papa Skull on October 28, 2007, 09:23:54 PM
You've never seen anyone camping with camnet?  How long exactly have you been playing?

hmm let me think...Ive started few months after PT release ?

Farley4Fan

I always see some merc camping with camnet in aquarius, polar base, and a few other maps.  No, it isn't a big problem, but it still happens.

Gawain

Quote from: Papa Skull on October 28, 2007, 09:52:57 PM
I always see some merc camping with camnet in aquarius, polar base, and a few other maps.  No, it isn't a big problem, but it still happens.
both bad examples for camping with camnet.
aqua sux totally and you certainly need no camnet for camping there. camping on polar base is impossible due to the aggro nature of it, but camnet is imba because you can practically see everything, especially where the spies are going from spawn.

the best example for camping with camnet is factory.

Westfall

Why not talk about camnet on the "Camnet" thread?

You want to know why? Because everyone is trying to prove their point here, which are all retarded right now seeing as how we are really going for the execution of camnet in PS. Keep the criticisms constructive rather than argumentative.

Farley4Fan

That's why I said "a few other maps" gawain. 

And Westfall, we are on topic.  This thread is about set eq, and we are talking about camnet being forced, and you know.

I am now for a replacement of camnet.  How about a keycard that allows you to access security cams placed around the map?  There are little terminals placed around the map that mercs look into to see through the cameras.  The cameras will be already moving and mercs can't control their movements.  A little light will show up on the camera when mercs are looking through them.  This will make spies look for the stationary merc with his back turned ( because he is looking through the terminal ) for the easy kill/neutralization.  Mercs can see through EMF and Motion through them.

If spies know that mercs are in security cam, then they know to avoid those areas with terminals. This could lead to a lot of interesting situations and fix a lot of issues with the camnet.  ( camping problems )  Maybe we could do some cool shit with it like making spies able to hack into the terminals and let them be able to see through cameras or shut them off altogether ( that would take some time though ).  Maybe it would allow spies to see through motion tracker and EMF, which would be pretty cool.

QFE

greenday5494

ah, im sorry. i misunderstood. i thought you were taking away one of the slots, and making one "set" and in "stone".

Gawain

for the last time, seeing through security cams it totally pointless. get a brain.

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Gawain on October 29, 2007, 10:52:03 AM
for the last time, seeing through security cams it totally pointless. get a brain.

There's only one reason you'd want to see through security cams, and that's so that you can figure out which one got knocked out in the event of a security failure.

Westfall

The more and more I think about it, I'm not at all with the idea of seeing through security cams. If you are checking the cams and see a spy, shouldn't the cam go off anyways? Its a waste of time to access the cams because you can already see on your screen where the cam has gone off (unless this is not incorporated in PS).

I say camnet out in replacement of a drone or something.

neth

I retought the idea that seemed to be nice but now i see it is useless

Drone would be nice but camnet - if placed correctly doesnt have to be OP. Maybe we should just leave it as it is.

Farley4Fan

It wouldn't be useless if it didn't detect spies when not using it.  Even if it did, you could still see things that the security cams cannot.  Things like out of range spies, sticky cams, spy bullets, alarms snares.  Plus you can see which cam was disabled.  It would have plenty of uses, more than camnet uses.  I don't think you should see where the security failures are in PS, only that there was a failure.

Tell me again how it is useless?!