balancing of sticky cams

Started by Gawain, October 16, 2007, 11:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1nArY_001

Quote from: Westfall-US on October 30, 2007, 10:52:12 PM
Quote from: goodkebab on October 30, 2007, 12:18:49 PM
If your not on the dev team,  your not making game design decisions so dont make presumptions.

That makes me want to post my ideas a lot more.

I think you're taking it a bit out of context. People not on the dev team need to be careful how they word things. A lot of people read these forums and when they see people stating something as fact they assume it to be so. This leads to misconceptions and forces us to spend time answering PMs asking if this or that is true when that time could be spent actually working on PS.

Though the forums provide valuable input to the team, it should be pretty obvious that any final decision will be made by the team based just not off your input and suggestions but what actually works and is balanced and and useful in testing. Not to mention that we are restricted by what is possible within the perimeters of a mod.

Any decisions will be made known when the time is right (IE most decisions just cant be made final until it has been tested extensively) and unless you see an official statement by a team member don't assume it to be true. Don't expect to see many posted decisions until play testing begins.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Spekkio

QuoteI think you're taking it a bit out of context. People not on the dev team need to be careful how they word things. A lot of people read these forums and when they see people stating something as fact they assume it to be so. This leads to misconceptions and forces us to spend time answering PMs asking if this or that is true when that time could be spent actually working on PS.
Well, no offense, but those people are idiots who can't discern fact from opinion.

The only thing that I take as set in stone is anything put in a thread on the Presentation Forum by one of the devs. Anything else is just discussion and opinion.

Gawain

Quote from: Spekkio on October 31, 2007, 12:41:31 PM
Well, no offense, but those people are idiots who can't discern fact from opinion.
yeah i hate people that flame because you didn't write imo/i think/in my opinion/etc in front of every statement.
and of course, everything needs play testing, it's simply impossible to foresee the effects on balance. but the discussions here are important to reduce the number of stuff to test and the possible combinations resulting in a faster process.

B1nArY_001

Quote from: Spekkio on October 31, 2007, 12:41:31 PMWell, no offense, but those people are idiots who can't discern fact from opinion.

Or:

1 - They are not forum savvy
2 - They don't have time to dig through all the posts to find an answer (with the way some wander over to other topics it could take hours)

If someone doesn't have the hours needed to catch up on old posts and get in the loop like those of you who are here daily that doesn't make them idiots. It means you as regular forum members have an obligation to watch how you say things so as not to lead to misconceptions.

Or you can take the "They are idiots" approach and do absolutely nothing to help out the people who are spending every ounce of their free time to bring you this mod.

If it will help, I would be happy to discuss setting up a FAQ thread that we will keep up to date with any decisions and information.

Gawain

Quote from: B1nArY_001 on October 31, 2007, 03:47:15 PM
If it will help, I would be happy to discuss setting up a FAQ thread that we will keep up to date with any decisions and information.
there you go...

Westfall

Quote from: Gawain on October 31, 2007, 04:53:57 PM
Quote from: B1nArY_001 on October 31, 2007, 03:47:15 PM
there you go...

I've actually ben wondering y there isn't something like this up yet.

B1nArY_001

Not sure, we have all been rather busy and I think it just slipped through the cracks. I'm discussing it with the other Devs, we will have something put together soon.

Westfall

Quote from: B1nArY_001 on October 31, 2007, 07:01:18 PM
Not sure, we have all been rather busy and I think it just slipped through the cracks. I'm discussing it with the other Devs, we will have something put together soon.

I'm sure you guys have been busy. Look at how much you've actually gotten accomplished so far without even having access to the Unreal engine. Good job to all. =)