Mid-Level Mapper/Level Designer

Started by nubishdubishbone, May 12, 2012, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nubishdubishbone

NubishDubishBone, aka Limerick (would like to keep Limerick as an official name and may create a new forum account, especially upon request.
32 years of age
Finished Boston College High School, and went to Umass Boston for a few months after which i became ill and no longer had money to participate in collegiate studies, am self-taught by way of 3D Buzz and other great tutorials, with 11 years experience in 3ds max, Photoshop, Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe Audition), FL Studio (formerly Fruity Loops), and about 10 years experience with Unreal Editor going back to 1.x all the way upto UDK, with many skills involved.

==

A link to previously made work / portfolio / demo reel is not available, except as seen in the Jungle Map, witnessed by Farley Fan and others. Also made the inner circle of the "streets" map from Rogue Spear, Rainbow Six Vegas (1&2) with a snow theme with working snow and amazing bump-offset ice with masking to enable depth simulation within the ice to allow for full spectrum 3d depth where the ice's surface and the bottom of the ice is visible and passes by each other in real time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, i am back from a long stretch of family gatherings and self-atonement...

Ritual is the way in which men are enlightened, and i propose to work at least 20 Hrs./ Week for PS as a mid level designer.

I have examples of my work but they have been either deleted by my Web Hosting service or lost in crashed HDD's. I have shown examples of my jungle map, which was a sand-box type experiment that would take a GTX 590 to render, due to the openness and demading nature of animated and collision interactive undergrowth, and high poly objects used to test the limits of what can be done. I am confident that a 20% reduction in poly and mesh population will result in a very playable level with a 560Ti, though i would imagine being part of the level design workforce i would take directions rather than go in my own direction, therefore exonerating any need for experimentation any further. I am fully skilled in placing and manipulating meshes, textures, mesh painting, architecture placement and maniplulation, fairly good at lighting and can create and setup sound (foley ambience) and particle FX from scratch and implement well. I work intentionally with subtractive world space ONLY, due to myriad problems with additive world mapping. learned with the help of 3D Buzz as mentioned above, and by navigating Rainbow Six 3 maps in the editor, seeing how each area is carved rather than added.

I am fully prepared to take on a challenge and promise to be most courteous and dutiful in my tasks, taking any direction and constructive criticisms diligently. Please consider giving me a task to test me with, i have been a long time member and while i disagreed with the direction of PS i never fully understood the purpose, until just recently. Ubisoft has abandoned old style gaming and are pursuing a next-generation type of dumbed-down gaming with killing-only type gameplay, sad as it is, i think the fact PS came about is Divine Providence, and has shown itself to be very welcomed by many, many people interested in tactical gaming.

Thanks for the opportunity to apply and i hope to be put to the test, as an old friend (we had our moments) and as new blood, refreshed.
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

frvge

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I'll get back to you on this tomorrow.

frvge
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

nubishdubishbone

Thanks for reply, waiting in Hope that i get a test ; )
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"