Tick Tock (Chaffed, Smoked, Flashed)

Started by frvge, June 22, 2009, 12:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

Quote from: neth on June 24, 2009, 01:07:02 PM
tbh one effect isn't that much for a tick tock

you fail to see that the next one is in 72 hrs =/ .

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

neth

I don't. Still, it's not much

LennardF1989

The 'beer belly' was caused because here the mercenary was still using the default UT3 animations (you can see his arms in the dual weapon position). Because our models are like 3 times taller than the UT3 models, it got "cropped", causing the belly to explode so to speak :P

Farley4Fan

oh lol

It seemed like he had a beer belly going, and he had a few beers at the time.  The drunken effect + beer belly threw me a bit off lol

Gawain

Quote from: LoChang on June 24, 2009, 12:33:32 PM
"...in my opinion."
o rly?  ::)
Quote from: neth on June 24, 2009, 03:38:39 PM
I don't. Still, it's not much
unfortunately true  :'(

Westfall

I'm going to call everyone saying its "too strong" a bunch of girls. If anything, the chaff is too weak. "OH NOES...SQUIGGLY LINES ON MAI COMPUTAR!!! I HAEV 2 GET A NEW MONITOAR" Please ladies, grow a pair. If anything it should have a greater impact. I realize the remnants of the chaff aren't present, but I don't see that causing much more of a visual problem.

Quote from: MR.Mic on June 24, 2009, 12:54:20 AM
Quote from: ShadowX on June 24, 2009, 12:10:51 AM
Great as usual. But got me thinking that it could possibly use a bit more static, altho this can't be exactly said without seeing it in action. Can't wait for what's coming next.

Chaff should not be a substitute for flash or smoke. The merc should still have reasonable visibility, especially because he is robbed of other visions while in the field.

Isn't the merc also sporting an electrical helmet? Even in his normal vision there are still electrical devices running. If you aren't going to do more lines, then I feel the images should get darker in his plain sight...or something along the lines of showing a shut down to the helmet.

Gawain

why on earth should it be stronger?

VaNilla

Man I shud grow sum reel ballz cuz teh chaff scarez me. It should definitely not be any stronger than it is at the moment, it's fine but I think it would look better if the effect was a bit lighter.

Bubbaganoosh

I think it looks pretty good. With all the chaff shit floating around it should
do the job.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Westfall

Quote from: Rambo on June 25, 2009, 01:55:38 PM
why on earth should it be stronger?

The squiggly lines aren't that distracting and don't inhibit the mercs view. They are thin and quick, which does nothing.

Gawain

so your point is that because it's still possible to see reasonably, it should get stronger? oO
chaff certainly needs no boost, especially not in an application flash and smoke are meant to do.

Westfall

Quote from: Rambo on June 25, 2009, 06:59:52 PM
so your point is that because it's still possible to see reasonably, it should get stronger? oO
chaff certainly needs no boost, especially not in an application flash and smoke are meant to do.

Don't get me wrong, it looks very well done, but this chaff isn't as harsh as what it was in CT/PT...I thought we were nerfing the range of chaff (no more going through walls), not the way it inhibits the merc's vision.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Westfall on June 25, 2009, 10:19:16 PM
Quote from: Rambo on June 25, 2009, 06:59:52 PM

Don't get me wrong, it looks very well done, but this chaff isn't as harsh as what it was in CT/PT...I thought we were nerfing the range of chaff (no more going through walls), not the way it inhibits the merc's vision.
IMO the view is WAY more obscured than in CT. Besides, you seem to forget we don't change a thing about what chaff actually does, disabling use of visions.

Gawain

balance-wise, it shouldn't nerf the merc's normal vision at all, so as long as the effect stays gentle it's more of an art thingy which can't be discussed objectively. besides, don't forget that we didn't see the added particle effect yet. i also doubt that the devs are gonna remove the working-through-walls ability in the first build, and i'm not that sure myself whether it would be a good idea. however, we could add other properties to chaff like also affecting the merc's flashlight, blocking emf vision etc.

Spekkio

Looks really good.

@Westfall: stfu. kkthxbai.