Attn: possibility of downtime at Sunday

Started by frvge, January 29, 2009, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

With the source-files of PS growing steadily, we're running out of diskspace (yes, the server isn't only running PS, but also splintercellworld and a few other sites).

There's a small possibility of downtime on Sunday, in which I'll try to add a second HDD.
This requires a reboot and some configuration.

Because the server is kinda small, I'm not sure if the HDD will fit besides the other hardware. In that case, there won't be any downtime (and no extension of the storage space... doh).

But if it seems to fit, I expect downtime to be around 8 minutes if all goes well.
The server will be backupped first to minimize risks of data corruption.

Regards,

frvge (in his role of Data Management Officer Chief of Technical Stuff Staff)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

frvge

Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

Great, we forgot the IDE cable for the 2.5'' disk... anyway, the backups that are normally stored on this server will be moved to another server to make room for PS stuff.

Problem solved with no downtime.