Main Menu

Props artist

Started by Cpl.Dimz, November 12, 2006, 09:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpl.Dimz

Hi , I am applying for character modeler or weapons /props modeler . also have very sound skills in adobe photoshop ; unreal editor ; cooledit audio recording (now adobe audition) ; FL Studio for sound sampling resampling mixing and creation of new sounds ; Mixman Technologies remixing solution for on the fly audio mixing ;Macromedia Flash 8 .

here is an updated portfolio :

http://www.dimmy.biz/portfolio.zip

MacBryce

Hello again, Dimz. Character modeller has been taken before we started the project. We didn't communicate very well about that on the previous forum so sorry for any confusion. The props modeller positions are still open of course.

Here's the standard message that I post below every sollicitation.  :D
Thanks for the offer. Check the site to stay up to date. When enough people have signed up, we're going to assemble the actual team. In the meantime you can chat in the public discussion about the game. Don't forget to spread the word. We still need more developers.

Cpl.Dimz

ok , ive modeled some more props , fresh for a splinter cell 4 motif :

ill post more objects in the scene as theyre made

Meathead

Cpl.Dimz

these images were rendered in 3ds max . no game enigine used , but all objects are ready to be imported to the game engine .

also i have a new render with a sunset skybox over the Congo/Kinshasa

Meathead

I knew it. 3d max why did i ever quit it lol. Well I use maya 7.0 it is good fun but with redering i would rather 3d max. If ya got msn i would love to see more.  Ummm with the walls did you just cut the texture out? If ya did i never knew you could :P

Cpl.Dimz

dont have a whole lot more than in my portfolio and whats on this page . i cleaned out my webspace recently . so i dont have alot of my older renders , time to focus on the new .

Meathead

AH ok so you got msn :p or xfire maybe good to know more model designers :D

Cpl.Dimz

Cpl.Dimz

to preliminary devs : i am planning on making sam fisher , with the gear from the cruise ship mission in double agent . so this will be in my spare time , and i will have a low poly and high poly version . i'll post screens when its near complete . 

[EDIT] this is a concept taken from double agent for the exterior :

Zedblade

Despite your skillz dimz. We don't want you on the project. Your attitude and ego is something we can't afford on this project. I know how you are when your given feedback and I know how you would responde. Your way of thinking is counterproductive and we can't have that on a dev team.

Especially since, I would be your lead and would have to do what I said, without any bitching about how your 'better' then everyone.

Sorry, but we have decided not to have you. Maybe if you better your ways and act more like your age. Then maybe . . . MAYBE we will reconsider.

For now, go do some other things.

And any flaming reponse that I know I/We will get will be deleted immediatly. Take this chance to improve your ways. We arn't making this decision based solely on your 'skillz', but your lack of skill working together with a team, with a open mind.

Cpl.Dimz

the map editor forum , and an actual mod team are two different worlds zed , i hoped you'd know that by now .

if you think that i cant discern between the two , then youd be mistaken . and im not here to lecture you , just realize that the map editor forums is to discuss how to map , has nothing to do with modeling , which i was bantered at over and over with no response untill people started gettin personal , with personal attacks , then i started the flame war . i see your attitude there is not "candy assed" , so why would you exppect me to be any nicer ? also i cleared that issue up  many times , and since im banned from ubi , i keep myself busy and stick to lamers forums if i need anything , and also help out there .

but again this is a total conversion mod , not a map that i released way too early and got attacked for , and if one of you attacked me , well i'd assume you'd be off the team before me in that case . i do not start wars , people start them for me . so if i were to join this team at all , considering your attitude towards me that just wont give , it would be all of you that need to step up your communication skills , not me . ive not once said anythign negative about anyone here .

Zedblade

First impressions matter. And how you act at the Ubi forums and Lamer forums are one in the same. Plus, just with my conversations with you on xfire. This is how you are. If you want to change that impression, now is a good time to start. And that post just showed me that you are capable of more then half-assed attempts at flaming using broken english and wanna-be ghetto phrases.

My decision still stands however, you have a long walk uphill to make up for the idiotic attitude that you have displayed since you came into the SC community.

This isn't about how you map/model/texture or whatever. My decision is 10 percent based on your actuall skill, 90 percent on your personality. And THAT is why we don't want or need you.

Cpl.Dimz

well , your game is based on 10 skill and 90 % ubi , thats why i dont want or need you , i was just tryin to help the sc community out , which makes up for 90 % of the flaming that was given to me , but the 10 % left is shitheads like you workin at glingy entertainment p[osting that you must have the lead mapper role , and that my attitude is unacceptable for your mod . so while you can say whatever you want , my "behavior " is a direct result of others tryin to abuse my nature , so you seriously have a social skill problem to not see it , or in the other case , you still hold grudges about some bs . either way youre right i wouldnt make it as your props slave , id hike up the poly count to millions of polys for each mesh just to piss you off , loser . you fail at me .

M4_007

If you want to be heard I suggest Spelling. And this is not a mod, it's a game.