Contest: September DC!

Started by frvge, August 25, 2008, 12:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

It seems a lot of people didn't understand, but you can actually win EXCLUSIVE sneak peaks and BEHIND THE SCENE stuff. Currently, 4 members already have a chance of winning this, how about the rest?

Don't be scared by high amount of points, because if you won once, your points are virtually reset to 0 by frvge.

Ion.67

I have it running on my computer (folding for both core and GPU), but am not sure if the results are being submitted online. Fill me in on that sometime.

frvge

Make sure teamnumber is 92 and your nick starts with DPC_Stealth0

edit: I see it worked. Nice job.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ion.67

Hehe I try. 1 gpu and two cpu. I guess I could go for four cpu, since they say 1 per core, but I'll stick with this.

frvge

The same as my current set-up. 1 GPU at home, 1 CPU at the PS server, and 1 CPU at my gameserver-server. :)

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers. The newer ones have a performance boost.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ion.67

Newest drivers for my vid card? I took me a while to figure out I needed the CUDA thing. Should I update my actual drivers too?

frvge

It might boost your scores a bit. Maybe a 10% increase, which is not bad :) Just try it, if it doesn't hurt, then it's fine.

Tidenburg

PS3 now all linked up... Leaving it on constantly, it's not like I ever use it for games or anything  :-\

Ion.67

Should I download the PS3 one? I am debating whether I want to, just because of my randomly connecting internet connection.

If there is no internet connection, what would happen? Would I just wait until there is one to download another job, or just quit?

frvge

A PS3 should get quite some points. I dont think you can top Ion tho :P But you can always try.

It tries to download new work units and attempts to send one when it's done. If there's no connection possible between your client/PS3 and the servers at Stanford University, then it just tries again in a minute or something, till it gets the data requested or till it successfully has uploaded the results.

Tidenburg

Ion.67

Quote from: frvge on September 04, 2008, 12:31:17 AM
The individual stats per subteammember can be found
http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=92&search_text=DPC_Stealth&filter=active (click your name for more details).
The subteams' total ranking (all subteams, all points gathered) can be found http://kakaostats.com/subteam.php?t=92 . Current ranking as of this writing is 219th.

For the _current_ daily stats, http://tadah.mine.nu/?prefix=fah&datum=2008-09-04&tabel=memberoffset .
If you select the checkbox for DPC_Stealth and click the 'Graph' button above, you can see our growth in _daily_ output (not cumulative!). So as long as we keep growing, we are doing better and better and better. Actually, we were 13th place daily of DPC yesterday. I don't know how much that is for the total amount of users, but it's definately good :)

frvge

We passed my previous frvge account today and are currently at 139th of the total stats (52,775 points) and 10th in the daily stats. :)

Current members:
frvge, Lucy, ion, aj, RobertFreeman and pstidenburg.

Which means we still have plenty of room for more people :D

ion also got the 10000 points milestone. Congrats :)

frvge

We passed the 50000 points as a team today and were 4th!!!!!! in the daily stats.
If we can get a few more members, it should be possible to rank top-5 every day int he daily stats.

Keep it up.

edit: and pstidenburg got his 500 point milestone :) Congrats.

Tidenburg

w00p. 1000 points :P

10 minutes until this work unit is done.