Main Menu

2 suggestions

Started by Zleith, January 17, 2010, 05:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zleith

Well ,i was thinking in ppl who like make videos (like me)
And i suggest that will be nice have a replay system(like gunz or crossfire)
Its not very good watch Hp/Device in videos ,so a hide option will be cool too
and the other suggestion is make a suggestions sub-forum xD
well ,sory for my english ,im from argentina ,hope you can understand

Savior20061

Yo estudiar Espanol 111.
Como te llamas?
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

Frelli

There is nothing wrong with your English, you are doing a good job. For the video idea I think it sounds good. I have no idea if it would work to just put that in the game, but if possible, it would be great.

frvge

Demo recording isn't on our priority list, but maybe afterwards.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

MR.Mic

Quote from: frvge on January 17, 2010, 01:02:16 PM
Demo recording isn't on our priority list, but maybe afterwards.
Demo recording requires no special setup. Stick to stuff you know.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

VaNilla

Demo recording is just a console command isn't it?

frvge

What I meant was that demo recording is possible without much extra stuff from us, but that we're not really talking about it now. Demo recording isn't really useful when the gameplay isn't finished yet.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Red-One

I have been playing SCCT with my family for a while now on hamachi. Ever since my discovery of project stealth (in December) I have been keeping a little wish list of sorts. I have been waiting to post it until they have been thought over properly, but since this was on the list I figured i would post.

At the moment I record all our matches with a fraps-like program, encode/store it, etc. Even SCCT supports a time demo (I'm guessing its the Unreal engine), but I don't think you can do it start/stop too easily between matches.

Anyway. The biggest feature which would be cool to think about is being able to spectate the time demo/recording. So when we get together and watch some footage we can change who the camera is following, or free float. Since everything is from my perspective then all the cool things tha tpeople pull off during a match go unnoticed unless I happen to be the one who does it, or the one it gets done too.

I could have sworn I have played a game that had this built in with doing time demos (was it one of the quake games?).  Does UDK have this? Just curious.

-Red

Zleith

Savior@
its not yo estudiar espanol
its yo estudio espanol xD
but nice anyway
mi nombre es sebastian ,y el tuyo?
Frelli@
thanks

yes ,that will be cool
thx for the answers

frvge

@Red-One: I'll try to get our programmer or someone else who knows to answer that.

LennardF1989

I have already implemented a spectator feature, instead of joining a team in the lobby, you can choose to join "the spectators" to view the match from any point you wish.

I do not plan to give people ingame the feature to switch teams on demand (between merc <-> spy <-> spec), besides the debug feature of it. It's also not practical to make every gameplay decision we will have to make a host decision, I would go crazy if I had to go through a 100+ item list to setup a server.

The possibility of spectators being able to chat with the "live" ones will become a choice of the host (dead includes dead people).

Red-One

Quote from: LennardF1989 on January 17, 2010, 08:29:06 PM
I have already implemented a spectator feature, instead of joining a team in the lobby, you can choose to join "the spectators" to view the match from any point you wish.

I do not plan to give people ingame the feature to switch teams on demand (between merc <-> spy <-> spec), besides the debug feature of it. It's also not practical to make every gameplay decision we will have to make a host decision, I would go crazy if I had to go through a 100+ item list to setup a server.

The possibility of spectators being able to chat with the "live" ones will become a choice of the host (dead includes dead people).

I guess I might have not worded it properly. Although spectating would be awsome for the folks waiting for their turn to play (like if you had 5 or 6 players and wanted to rotate in, they could spectate), I was referring to something else.

To try to be more specific. It would be cool to be playing a match and click on a time demo/record option to start recording the match. Later on, if I replay it, it would not be stuck on my perspective. I could free-float the camera, change to any of the other players, etc. while watching the replay. This way all action is available to be seen (or even if you have that sneaky spy and wonder how he got behind you) later on. Players might learn something from watching their enemies movements during a replay.

-Red

Savior20061

Quote from: Zleith on January 17, 2010, 07:30:10 PM
Savior@
but nice anyway
mi nombre es sebastian ,y el tuyo?
Frelli@
thanks

yes ,that will be cool
thx for the answers

Muchas gracias.
Me llamo Christopher. No me hablo mucho Espanol. =D Soy principiante.
Hay Espania Espanol y Argentina Espanol diferente? De donde eres en Argentina? Soy de Grand Blanc, Michigan.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

frvge

Red, it's kinda simple to figure out the enemy's winning tactic that way. Personally, I don't think that's a good thing. There's only a certain number of 'good' tactics and with a demo function like you propose, those will be available to all very quickly. I think teams that spend time to think tactics through shouldn't have to worry about random people spying on their strategies and then simply copying them. They should try out their own ideas about good tactics to make their own, or find the same as before. But there has to be at least some effort.

An idea is to limit demo recording to the view of yourself and your team mate.

Gui Brazil

Quote from: Savior20061 on January 18, 2010, 06:08:20 AM
Hay Espania Espanol y Argentina Espanol diferente?

Almost the same with a few different words, just like american/british/aussie/irish/canadian/whatever english.

quote author=Savior20061 link=topic=2037.msg43470#msg43470 date=1263791300]
Quote from: Zleith on January 17, 2010, 07:30:10 PM
Savior@

Ha, you're screwed. Learning to conjugate verbs in latin languages is just...fucked up.