Toy Story 3 (spoiler free)

Started by Farley4Fan, June 21, 2010, 08:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

This was probably the most emotional I've ever been towards a movie, and it was animated toys who did it to me.

If you haven't seen it then I definitely suggest that you do.

The reason that I was so emotional was that I grew up with these movies.  I was 3 or 4 when the first one came out.  7 or 8 when the second one hit.  And now I'm going to college next fall and in Toy Story  3, Andy is "all grown up" (like me) and is heading off to college.  This is going to sound weird but I grew up with Andy (the owner of the toys for those who don't know).

Andy is going off to college and the movie, yet again, is about the "mortality of a toy".  This mortality of a toy is really just a symbol of growing up and losing innocence.  This really hit me pretty hard.  I can feel every message this movie is trying to convey because I'm going through it right now.  

I cried watching that movie and I'm still tearing up from time even following the movie.  It was the first time since I was 11 that I cried during a movie.  That other movie was Radio and I mainly cried because I felt bad for Cuba Gooding Jr's character.

But this movie I actually cried because the theme was so realistic and relevant to my life.  It made me realize how much you give up when you grow up.  It's sad.  I've always wanted to grow up and drive a car, go to college, get a cool job like a race car driver or an astronaut, and all that stuff you dream of when you're a kid, but the best part is dreaming about it.  Actually living as an adult is probably more of a drag than being a kid where anything is possible despite all the perks that come with age.

It's deep stuff.  It's amazing how Pixar can make you feel a certain way by personifying toys and embedding real life messages into their story.  I cried watching an animated movie about toys that come to life.  How crazy is that?  It's truly modern genius.

I saw a guy I know who is one of the "hardcore" types.  We both play drums but he's in a "metal" garage band.  You know.  We were both walking out of the theater with our respective families wiping our respective eyes.  It was beautiful.  Underneath all the "hardcore" we are all softies and wish we could go back to being children again.

I plan to show my kids in 2 or 3 decades all the movies in intervals.  Toy Story 1 when they are younger than 5, Toy Story 2 when they are younger than 10, and Toy Story 3 when they are going off to college like myself and dealing with the hardships of growing up and letting go.  It has just taught me so much.  It's amazing.  Hopefully in doing this I'll be able to relive the golden days of limitless possibility along with my kids.  

This movie reminds you that you never actually grow up, you just get older.  No one is an adult, we are all just grown up children.  (ha, we are all just a children  lol)...  

I'm really starting to wish that we could be born old and gradually get younger with age so we could appreciate our imagination and innocence while we have it.

Lol I keep editing this post because I keep thinking of things to add to it.  I'm flooded with emotion.  It's awesome.   :D

LennardF1989

I am actually looking forward to the game which has a sandbox mode.

Cronky

Quote from: LennardF1989 on June 21, 2010, 01:59:22 PM
I am actually looking forward to the game which has a sandbox mode.

This has got to be my favorite reply to something.

Emotional Heartfelt response to an Animated movie. Deep meanings exposed. Childhood remembrances.

Lennard comes in and blows past a movie, or even a personal response, citing the game and it's map creator. Opposites... Priceless. ;D

OT: The movie was great. Being in the same general situation you were Farley I had quite the connection to Andy.

The end tugged at heartstrings, and after re-watching the other two afterwards (it'd been a while), callbacks were acknowledged. It was a wild ride, and let's hope that Pixar doesn't do what Dreamworks did to Shrek...

...This is the End, and they should keep it that way.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

frvge

Everyone knows that the best movie is The Lion King. And for a sequel, TLK 2 was actually pretty good.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

Everyone knows that the Lion King is just a ripof... remak... Heavily Inspired by Kimba the White Lion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimba_the_White_Lion

(Near the bottom it talks about it)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Farley4Fan

Woah.  Didn't know about that.

Loved me some Lion King back in the day.