Increasing enforcement of the guidelines

Started by frvge, October 19, 2010, 12:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

It's been a while since the sticky with the guidelines was removed, but in the past few weeks some have shown unacceptable behaviour in the part of the forums that should be friendly.

This means as of today, I'll enforce the guidelines more strictly. As a reminder, the guidelines are as follows:

- please don't call eachother names.
- please minimize the use of expletives.
- for heated debates, when the previous points aren't met, please take it to a Private Message
- please don't do stuff that might make visitors frown.

If you see a post that you think does not fit these guidelines, please use the 'Report to moderator' link in the lower right corner.

Thank you,

frvge
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

What if I make a post and a certain person says something that has completely nothing to do with it and adds insults not only to me but to others?

frvge

All editing happens on a case-by-case basis. Generally, the post will be edited. If the person has a couple of edits, a warning is given, which can ultimately lead to a temporary ban.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: frvge on October 19, 2010, 12:50:14 PM
All editing happens on a case-by-case basis. Generally, the post will be edited. If the person has a couple of edits, a warning is given, which can ultimately lead to a temporary ban.

Sounds good.

zglina

edited

LennardF1989

Finally, most topics became offtopic rather than optopic as of late.

JrvUnleashed

ITT: Admin getting pissed off at his 6 active members.
"misunderestimate"
"Strategery"
"prognosticator"
~George W. Bush

NeoSuperior

Quote from: frvge on October 19, 2010, 12:18:34 PM- please don't call eachother names.

Uhm... what do you mean by names? nicknames or real-life-names? if it's nicknames, then me and all 10 other active users already broke that one. If it is "real-life-names" then please specify it... it sounds very confusing like as it is.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Meister_Neo on July 01, 2011, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: frvge on October 19, 2010, 12:18:34 PM- please don't call eachother names.

Uhm... what do you mean by names? nicknames or real-life-names? if it's nicknames, then me and all 10 other active users already broke that one. If it is "real-life-names" then please specify it... it sounds very confusing like as it is.

It's either profanity, or using peoples real life names, most of the developers don't like that.

NeoSuperior

Yes i understand that as such too, but it still looks confusing. So a more "specific" rule wouldn't hurt, like: "-please don't call eachother by real-life-names" or something like that...
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Spekkio

What's wrong with real life names? If both people are okay with it...

frvge

I mean profanity. But some, like me, don't like to be called by the real name.

DreadStunLock

Frve doesn't like his name...which is:

Smeg FAB28QP Free Standing Fridge

NeoSuperior

Oh this night i got a nice "personal message" from Dread. Well if it's a troll message, then congrats, i got trolled. But... i dont GIVE A DAMN. Using "just trolling" as an excuse is not enought to justify this PM:
Quote from: DreadStunlock on December 31, 2011, 03:29:20 AM
Learn to play cuntbag, I told you not to get involved but ofcourse you had to go and piss about acting tough you fucking amateur.

i have no idea what the hell he is talking about. He, me and someone else (don't know who it was, he impersonated agent) played a round of SC:CT but we were only 3 and had to use a locked server to escape a unkick silent troll who got on our nerves. We couldn't play a real game and only played DM (with story settings).

Well he left saying "he had to go now" and "that he needs another game beside SC:CT".
---

So guys... from what i descriped, can you deduce, wtf dread is talking about in this PM? no? ME NEITHER!

I tolerated this trolling around of his all the time, but this personal, unreasonable attack on me is too much. I don't troll about it, i mean it SERIOUSLY.
I feel offended by this. He probably has some real life problems and looked for someone on the net to let his feelings out. Damn i really am done with you.

But as i know you admins, all of this will be ignored by you anyway, because it's "just one of dreads antics again". May look like that for you, but i really cannot accept that unrespectful, insulting speech. Not even Agent is such a.... well you know what i want to say.

- Mike Godwin

Pusianka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."