Started by mac955, August 12, 2009, 07:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac955

Name: Dave
nickname: mac
age 17
experience : 2 years
-Hold many leadership qualities

Hey, Ive been level and game designing for the mod community for nearly 2 years. My other mod group meets everyday and on for at least 5 hours. After 1 year of seeing everyone, I have worked with people from around the world; london, Lebanon, Australia, UK, and US. And yet i manage to always set up daily meetings via Ventrilio. Basically im not a "noob". I do not mind any lessons you feel u need to teach me, and u can always reach me. So hopefully my trial period can go quick so i can start contributing to your team!    I've been working alot with the crysis editor recently, but im looking for some mod experience with the unreal engine. . Ill post a link to my screen shots, which are 100% custom please check them out. I also have worked with the unreal engine mapping, but never with custom assets. Ill post other screens of my work in unreal, but when it comes down to it,, the editor is just dragging and dropping. If you have alot of custom assets ur map will look good for the most part. anyway thanks, and im positive that i can make maps. Hope to work with you guys sometime--

For screenshots from the Crysis engine  -- go to www.photobucket.com/david_hurst
This first screen is from the sandbox engine: most of it is cryteks but it will be replaced soon

This is from Unreal 3

frvge

Hey,

Thanks for your application. Our Lead Level Design is going to take a look at your screenshots soon. Do you have some more screens from your Unreal map? 8 or something will do.

Thanks,

frvge
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

mac955

ill make some more screen shots tomorrow- thx for responding

-Dave

Zedblade

actually to really get to know your ability as a designer, I will need to be able to look at your map in the unreal editor and even play it. whenever you are ready to send it to me to take a look, just add me on xfire which is the default app we use at ps to communicate. my xfire name is zedblade.

mac955

Hey im uploading pics and a video- it shows a fly through of the map, and all the kismet work.
remember it is wip, and was made for experimental purposes.

Here is the link to the download on file front- it is an .rar file

http://www.filefront.com/14281049/David%20Unreal-8-14-09.rar

btw- if you still would like to see my map, i would prefer to sign a nda first.
thank you
-dave

frvge

Hey Dave,

Sorry for the late response (being at gamescom just takes time xD), but could you show the intro movie?

I currently don't see a need for an NDA, because you seem to use mostly UT3/GOW stuff. It's important to be able to know the basics of modeling and texturing (with basic normal maps) for level designers. Else it's impossible to really get the right feeling for your level.

frvge
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.