Main Menu

Video Editor

Started by Defekt, February 18, 2010, 03:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Defekt

Hey guys,

I just stumbled upon this forum today, and I can say that I'm very impressed. It looks like you guys have put in a lot of work and I can't wait to try it out when you get a stable release. Anyways, besides posting just another thank you thread, I also wanted to offer my help to the team. I've done a lot of video editing over the past few years, and - wanting to help with the project but not having any coding/modelling/etc. experience - figured that if you guys ever needed a trailer/informational video done in the future, I'd be willing to help.

Again, not sure if you guys even need, or want, somebody for that, just throwing it out there.

Keep up the good work!

**Edit: Being the spastic person I can be sometimes, I neglected to notice that there is a "join development team" section. While my offer was somewhat passive, I am very interested in becoming a part of the team and helping in any way possible. I would make a thread there, but figured it would be best to consolidate everything in the original post. Thanks again!

Cronky

FIRST!

....Nah, Welcome to the forum Guy.

EDIT:(There. Censored into Normal Post. Forgot to add the smiley at the end to show I was joking anyway.)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

frvge

Thanks. Are you willing to learn how to move the cameras in UDK? You can probably learn the basics with a few video tutorials on that. We already have a video editor but it's been quite some time since the last (semi-)directed video footage that I'm not sure he's still available :(. Which is good for you of course ;).

@Cronky: making weird posts in Off-Topic is fine to some extent. Here it's not.

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

VaNilla

I've also been video editing for a while now too and I'm interesting in making a Project Stealth video when it comes out, so I'm wondering, are camera movements controlled in game or do you have to set co-ordinates manually? I'm not offering services, just wondering :).

frvge

Cinematics are made with the curve editor in UDK's Matinee. Matinee is a time-slider based program for all kinds of non-character animations. Stuff like sliding doors, elevators and cinematic sequences are made with it. Camera movements in movies too.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Defekt

Quote from: frvge on February 18, 2010, 11:33:06 AM
Thanks. Are you willing to learn how to move the cameras in UDK? You can probably learn the basics with a few video tutorials on that. We already have a video editor but it's been quite some time since the last (semi-)directed video footage that I'm not sure he's still available :(. Which is good for you of course ;).

@Cronky: making weird posts in Off-Topic is fine to some extent. Here it's not.

Yes, I am. I actually started browsing the UDK site last night, and I have a lot of free time so that should help my efforts. Most of my editing so far has been limited to videos for games such as Call of Duty 4 - but I had also been working on a Battlefield 2 machinima with the help of the Project Reality team a while back as well.

Overall, if you're looking for somebody who is not only dedicated to the team, but passionate about the work, then I'm your guy :)

frvge

Well, just make some slick cinematic with what's in the UDK version already. UDK has all of UT3 in it, so that shouldn't be a problem. ;)

I'm moving this to the Join Us forum and change the title.

Defekt

Ok, I just finished downloading the February beta and will start messing around with it. Before I delve full force into it, however, I want to make sure that you guys are truly seeking to recruit somebody for a video position. There are no other games in development that I'm interested in, so engrossing myself in the program would only be for Project Stealth, and I just don't want all the effort to be in vain. Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.

I'm not asking that you confirm that I'll receive a position, simply that a position is actually needed and available.

frvge

I'll have a word with the current in-active video editor first then.

Defekt

Alright thanks. I don't mean to seem demanding or anything of that sort, just wanted to point out that the sole purpose for me learning the ins and outs of the UDK is to help Project Stealth.

frvge

I think it's fine if you start learning.