My Sketchbook

Started by tigaer, April 23, 2010, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

Just a map design that I'm doing for Halo Reach that I'm having fun modeling in Sketchup,

Older pics,

I need to start getting back into learning 3DS already... lol

Farley4Fan

Looks cool.  Kind of small though, is it just a portion? 

tigaer

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 10, 2010, 04:19:31 AM
Looks cool.  Kind of small though, is it just a portion? 

Oh yeah bro, it's a WIP, the map is like 5x that size. That's just part of the center of the map, bases will be on the side.

Farley4Fan

Cool.  Can't really judge the map till I play it.  Speaking of playing it, how will you know you can build this w/o knowing what pieces you have at your disposal?  I know it's pretty flexible and they are adding a shit ton of new pieces but it seems weird to plan ahead of time  :D

What did you plan to put up on the bridge/plank thing in the top middle?  Sword or something?  I'd put the new beam rifle thing since it kicks so much ass.

DreadStunLock

I think it would be kind of fun, to do a Project Stealth map with a design and textures of Halo Reach/3 maps :P That would work quite interesting.

tigaer

Quote from: Farley4Fan on September 10, 2010, 08:48:30 AM
Cool.  Can't really judge the map till I play it.  Speaking of playing it, how will you know you can build this w/o knowing what pieces you have at your disposal?  I know it's pretty flexible and they are adding a shit ton of new pieces but it seems weird to plan ahead of time  :D

What did you plan to put up on the bridge/plank thing in the top middle?  Sword or something?  I'd put the new beam rifle thing since it kicks so much ass.

I know most of the pieces already, but I always design the map first, then work it into Forge afterwords. But, if you wanted, you could use these http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327540 - but I'm not into using those, I like to design by map without limitations, then transfer that into Forge. And an active camo will be at the end of the catwalk. Camo will be very powerful on this map, so a risk = reward scenario will be best.

Farley4Fan

Woah that's awesome.  That's a lot of pieces. 

I usually just screw around in forge and maybe occasionally build something cool like a map or rune goldberg machine or something like that.  I wouldnt have much use for that but I'm sure someone who actually makes a lot of maps for competitive play would have a ton of use for that!

Only a few more days until I can make the ultimate infection game type on Forge world!  Hahaha  gonna have some awesome times with my buddies.  It's like legos but with killing and raping and no picking up afterwards.  I'll make a thread with my creations when I feel like I have stuff to show. 

It's funny how if you have a 360 then you are almost forced into buying halo either by all the ads, the awesomeness, or by all your friends who have already bought it.  It's like a contract you enter with microsoft.  Buy a 360, then you buy halo.  Deal.

tigaer

Downloaded Sketchbook Pro. Pretty sweet. I like it better than Photoshop for sketching. I love how all the tools can be quickly accessed with just the pen, and the brushes feel amazing. But yeah, I've had this character in my head all night, so I thought I'd bring him to life. Bout 1-2 hours of messing around and playing with the design.

AgentX_003

Quote from: tigaer on February 08, 2011, 01:23:17 PM
Downloaded Sketchbook Pro. Pretty sweet. I like it better than Photoshop for sketching. I love how all the tools can be quickly accessed with just the pen, and the brushes feel amazing. But yeah, I've had this character in my head all night, so I thought I'd bring him to life. Bout 1-2 hours of messing around and playing with the design.

kinda reminds me of warmachine minons :D

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: tigaer on February 08, 2011, 01:23:17 PM

And if you really get into it, you can create awesome architectural designs (Btw do not use coloured ready made furniture/props or what so kind, makes your design really crappy looking, best designs are the ones that are kept colourless imo.)

tigaer

Needed a simplistic wallpaper. I love the calm of rain at night, so I did this.

Click for the high res.

Farley4Fan

That robot guy reminds me of iron giant.  Cool wallpaper too

Did you ever finish that halo map?

Cronky

Quote from: Farley4Fan on February 13, 2011, 09:54:15 AM
That robot guy reminds me of iron giant.

That was my first thought also. ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

tigaer

Quote from: Cronky on February 13, 2011, 06:00:20 PM
Quote from: Farley4Fan on February 13, 2011, 09:54:15 AM
That robot guy reminds me of iron giant.

That was my first thought also. ;)

Watched it a couple weeks ago. Loved that movie as a kid. :)

DreadStunLock

Watched it in my Art Class, got to the bit where he falls on the Electric Station :/ Crap that day was short :"(