A few map vehicle designs

Started by Heliocentric, March 12, 2007, 02:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heliocentric

And by that, i mean vehicles that are the actual maps.

These arnt visual but i certainly think for at least now i'll class them as "creative" :)

For the slow of mind the following are links.
Map: Locomotive
Train with a nuke
Map: Aerodyne
A plane with sensitive data
Map: Vessel
A dangerous hightech warship

edit:
I thought I'd add, that these arnt actualy moving, even the train, but instead the very basic backdrop is moving, or in the case of the plane, not even that. I'm not sure if i could actually do a departure but i can imagine it could be done with masking a train tunnel, but if the train station was just scenery at the start and you couldnt actualy leave the train i'm sure it would run smoother.

No, comments yet :P

One thing i always felt was missing was a sense of the places being lived in, and i know they are secret places with more secret data but they are meant to be "hidden in plain sight" in the case of things like aquarius and cinema.

The "neck-snappable-pilot" and oldman+air hostess are extentions of that intention. I'm sure it would be doable if counterstrike can have hostages.

The old man brings me to a point of morality, for the spies to win he must die either with a broken neck or in a plane crash. To scare him into the toilets you could kill the air hostess, but alive she can open doors for you. Since they are non combatants i'd like the detection routines to be extremely poor, the airhostess/oldman has a 45 degree arc and only notices you in places flagged as "bright" in the map, or nearby gunfire (friendly or not). The pilot is totally unaware of his surroundings hooked up up the vehicles cockpit by a dozens of fibre optics at the base of his spine and neck, surrounded by legacy vehicle controls covered by a film of dust.

I also have desires that the "train stopped" will be by a field with cows in it, these can be killed with gunfire or grenades, and knocked out with smoke grenades or the spies electric gun :P

Are my ideas good ones? i certainly feel they are doable, need more feedback  ::)

krimsonhead

i think being able to fall off the stage and die would be cool, and getting your enemy to make that same mistake.

Gawain

Quote from: Heliocentric on March 12, 2007, 02:04:46 AM
Are my ideas good ones? i certainly feel they are doable, need more feedback  ::)
they are quite entertaining ^^

Fitty_cent_rappa

u should be able to grab a merc and if ur next to a rail you can push him off the rail and fall off...i think vehicle maps would be a very cool idea...like maybe add a submarine level or something like that...what software can you use to make the maps?