First steps at modelling in 3Ds Max

Started by puuusianka, July 18, 2011, 07:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Naaah it ain't, I got Polish/Russian/Lithuanian blood running through me :) wypierdalaj :D

ChLieW

MP5 model made for fun with tweaked texture taken from reference image.
My PC :
cpu:Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz
motherboard: MSI P67a-G45 (b3)
ram modules: 2x kingston hyperx 4gb 1600 mHz
gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 by Gigabyte
hdd: some old SATA II WD 250 GB :)
psu: OCZ Stealthxstream2 600W

Dreadstunlock: "You've got crappy hardware"

oh rly ?

DreadStunLock

Can you put it on a gray background? I cannot see anything :(

puuusianka

MAN! How did you do that texture??? This is amazing...

Zedblade

Quote from: ChLieW on July 20, 2011, 06:58:06 PM

MP5 model made for fun with tweaked texture taken from reference image.

way too dark to see anything

NeoSuperior

I just relized, that if you click & drag the picture into the white space next to it, while it "hangs on the cursor", it becomes much clearer.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Cronky

I removed some of the less then stellar posts that popped up. Don't ruin a thread full of potential with a page of picking on Agent!

As for your idea Meister... it didn't work well for me. It just gave a hazy version of it that was just as bad. I'd still prefer a new picture with a more appropriate background color.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

ChLieW

My PC :

oh rly ?

NeoSuperior

Quote from: Cronky on July 22, 2011, 06:24:16 AM[...]As for your idea Meister... it didn't work well for me. It just gave a hazy version of it that was just as bad. I'd still prefer a new picture with a more appropriate background color.
Probably because i use Opera. It differs from browser to browser.

Quote from: ChLieW on July 22, 2011, 09:48:57 AM[...]Is that ok ?
Yes that is good.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Cronky

Adding more light on it definitely is showing it off more, but I'd still say that you should (instead of adding more lights than the first picture) change the background color from black to a grey or something. So much light seems to be degrading your work, rather than enhancing.

It's just the fact that you're trying to show a black gun on a black background. Blends faaaar too much. It's like trying to read this text... (There's text to the left of this)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

ChLieW

My PC :

oh rly ?

DreadStunLock

Is this one made or you just pasted it into 3ds max and rendered it? Yeah...Pusiek told me all about it ¬¬ xD

ChLieW

Quote from: DreadStunlock on July 25, 2011, 01:56:16 PM
Is this one made or you just pasted it into 3ds max and rendered it? Yeah...Pusiek told me all about it ¬¬ xD

Nah i made it all myself :)
My PC :

oh rly ?

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.