Do you think there is a chance of...

Started by DreadStunLock, January 12, 2012, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Just use some Madagascarian servers and some strange domain like ".to" and everything will be good. Oh wait! In germany the movie plattform "Kino.to" was brought down by the police after many years.... well many links are lost, however... now there is "kinox.to"  ;D
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: DreadStunlock on January 13, 2012, 11:57:39 PMThe idea of what I heard is it's going to be, even if a company or anything of major importance suspects even a hint of piracy, they can shut down the website without a warning straight away, they don't even need to file anything or give you a reason.

laws do not work that way

NeoSuperior

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.... i guess some organisations forgot that. Nah the players of Assassin's Creed 2 were guilty (no playing) until proven innocent (24/7 internet to prove legitimation of game copy without the possibility to resell it. (Unless also selling UPlay account))
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Spark Mandriller on January 14, 2012, 03:23:14 AM
Quote from: DreadStunlock on January 13, 2012, 11:57:39 PMThe idea of what I heard is it's going to be, even if a company or anything of major importance suspects even a hint of piracy, they can shut down the website without a warning straight away, they don't even need to file anything or give you a reason.

laws do not work that way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBLBinsWCOk

Unless he is a liar, they will be if SOPA goes into action.

Spark Mandriller

Please direct me to the part of that video where he says companies will be able to have websites shut down based on suspicions.