Observatory map

Started by Daybreak, February 03, 2008, 10:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

Daybreak....thi is possibly the best idea I've heard for a map in a long time. An observatory would be fuckin awesome. Best environment settings......aka...creepy, dark, eerie. Yea Daybreak....yea.

+10

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Vega on February 05, 2008, 05:29:16 AM
Quote from: Papa Skull on February 04, 2008, 10:26:10 PM
What if you had a big storyline though?  You would just play chapters of it if you choose just one map.  But I think that it would be cool to have just one big storyline and if you give players the ability to play them in order of the story to get a more intense feel to it.

If you play it in order you could have a guy do voiceovers while loading (nothing like that annoying girl's voice on DA) but it would say stuff like this: "After the shadownet spies suffered an important defeat, they organized an attack on the bank to pay back the money they lost after the last mission."  or "Group 13-B of the Mercenary Corp. were sent to lock down a bank in Brazilia, Brazil after recieving word that a group of spies were planning to infiltrate it."That would only happen if the host chose to play all the maps in one big strand of missions so the stories tie together.

I would love to have that writer in the join us forum (think his name is shadowhand) on the production team for something like this.

You make it sound like a Hollywood B movie.  Spies go in and steal/hack something that mercenaries are paid to protect.  That's all we basically learn in CT.  Even foregoing that idea in PS, your storyline sounds comical.  "Damn those Argus mercenaries!  They always beat us, they're like 5-0 this season!  That was such an important loss, we're definitely not going to Finals this year.  Great season guys!  Nice try, we did well."

I'm all for having a storyline that fits the game, but let's not turn this game into some lame, elite blood sport.  I'm not bashing you, but considering this idea is on-par with your Spy-Truck-Respawner, I felt the need to disagree.

lmao I know.  I went a bit overboard with my story.  I suggested to get that writer on board because he is more of a writer than I'll ever be.  Just giving examples is all.  Just figured it would be nice to add some depth to a storyless game by adding a storyline.  It makes you feel like the missions are a little more important.

Cyntrox

Quote from: FusionSlayer on February 05, 2008, 01:12:36 AM
LIES!! lol
im on vista i like it, ppl need to stop saying shit and actually try it
if you did try it and don't like it then thats your preference, but dont bash it if you havent even tried it.
I have Vista on my school PC. It sucks. Badly.

Gawain

vista sucked quite after release because of bad/no driver support, but it's quite ok now if running on the right system.

Xris

agreed, i never go the vista early release, i waited for vista business, works great on my laptop, runs smoothly on high settings too

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Cyntrox on February 05, 2008, 08:39:33 AM
Quote from: FusionSlayer on February 05, 2008, 01:12:36 AM
LIES!! lol
im on vista i like it, ppl need to stop saying shit and actually try it
if you did try it and don't like it then thats your preference, but dont bash it if you havent even tried it.
I have Vista on my school PC. It sucks. Badly.

It was either the PC or that early vista was bad for a while.  It's pretty good now, and shiny

MR.Mic

I found vista annoying as hell, until I removed all the superfluous shit and stripped it down to the basic OS.

Now it's pretty much like XP, and just as fast.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Cyntrox

That some people want to use a bloated, slow OS doesn't bother me as much as the fact that it's impossible to get a laptop without Vista these days - and you can't get another OS because there are not drivers.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Yeah, i exactly know what you mean... Backwards compatibility ftw.

Xris

Vista SP1 is set to be released mid-march, and it supposedly has a new kernel

Overstatement

Quote from: FusionSlayer on February 05, 2008, 03:01:04 PM
agreed, i never go the vista early release, i waited for vista business, works great on my laptop, runs smoothly on high settings too

So don't bash Vista until you've tried it, unless it's an early release? k...

Xris

LOL thats not what i said, but I did wait because of driver issues in the RC releases