GAME LOBBY UI - host view

Started by seefoo., June 27, 2007, 12:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Or instead make a zoom to the heads, cut them in half, and put them together - like left half of head spy - right merc.
And why u all guys say that merc's should be right??
Put them on e left side instead ;D

Gui Brazil

It's looking sooooooooooooooooooo awesome.

Gawain

i like the modifications.
the chat window is still too small (should be higher), and the popup you showed is kinda useless.
what about 8 buttons beneath spy/merc field where the eq is highlighted and you can change it?

Tidenburg

I preferred it when the lobby had perspective. Now it's dull again. I think I prefer the other one still.

Overstatement

Where's the switch teams button? And I like my ping to be a number, not a colour.

Gs.SubMaFioZo.

It's very good idea with ping but its hard to make it ?

Quote from: Gs.SubMaFioZo. on June 28, 2007, 11:51:16 AM
It's very good idea with ping but its hard to make it ?
no, just make the game run the ping command on the hosts IP, and then put it on the screen :]

Tidenburg

I'd rather have the text over the colour. That means people who understand what the number means can get a detailed view of the players ping, but the noobs who don't know whether higher or lower is better can just see by the colour or the square.

Overstatement

Quote from: Tidenburg on June 28, 2007, 01:38:26 PM
I'd rather have the text over the colour. That means people who understand what the number means can get a detailed view of the players ping, but the noobs who don't know whether higher or lower is better can just see by the colour or the square.

You can't buy UT3, install, find our mod, install, and play without knowing what a ping is. The chances of someone whose first time playing online (or doing anything that requires knowledge of what ping is) is on our mod is small. Very small (zero). Even if it was a biggish number (like 25%), I would still favor the majority of folks who already know what ping is.

Gawain

Quote from: Overstatement on June 28, 2007, 11:44:58 AM
Where's the switch teams button? And I like my ping to be a number, not a colour.
i want a number, too.
but i think with seefos idea that test/icon = button, there is no need for one. just klick the merc box to switch to merc etc

seefoo.

yes click on the team you wanna be on.

updated: only minor changes but there is a sample equipment window.

Gawain

why don't you use the space beneath the merc/spy box for equipment ???
there is enough place, just make it drag'n'drop + you dont have to switch to alter your other eq. another idea is to show ur mate's eq.
why don't you cater to these suggestions? it's a good thing to have all important stuff on the screen without 99 windows n menues...
what about a video map preview or some moving highlights at the white lines? i really like the opposing teams, and the focus on the map in the middle, but i think it could use some dynamic.
btw the ping color bs is still there, and the chat box is could be a little bit higher.

seefoo.

like my post says 'minor changes' which was putting texture on the background image and 'equipment window'.  i wont but doing anything else for a while.  dont worry i will use some (not all) of your input.