GAME UI - !! -

Started by seefoo., July 06, 2007, 03:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Covert

I like, but could the borders around windows be toned down a bit? Like the contrast? They should blend in a little bit more I'm thinkin.

Either way, it's wicked. Don't get me wrong.

Overstatement

Quote from: Spekkio on July 23, 2007, 02:20:55 AM
2. Either have one international channel, or have multiple channels with specific regions. Having both means everyone just crowds into the international one, and the rest become useless.

It's probably a bad idea to have a global channel at all. The ones I've seen all lead to spam like "join my game" in colourful text every few seconds so you won't even be able to have any kind of discussion. What could you possibly talk about anyway?

goodkebab

I support #2 fully......multiple channels are not used in CT

#1 -although nice to have,  I question the ability to do this within a game mod.

Gui Brazil

1 international channel only. You can see in CT, nobody uses the other ones..

Overstatement

That's because it always defaults to world and takes a while to switch. Considering how global this game is and the pronouce effects of lag, people would probably use regional servers just so they can join a game that is in their country.

It doesn't matter...mods don't allow you to connect to servers that aren't owned by Epic.

Gawain

great stuff   :o

we should think of some more useful channels, like "just4fun", "casual players", "experienced", "custom maps only", "clanwars" etc, basically the stuff which is in the server name now. there could be more specific information in the server name, like which clan is hosting, the player names, the time the host gtg,...
i think this works better than dividing the players by their origin. a flag indicating the server's location would do better anyway.

Quote from: Overstatement on July 23, 2007, 02:13:25 PM
It doesn't matter...mods don't allow you to connect to servers that aren't owned by Epic.
your the only one that worries about the complications with the decision on the engine. you impact the feeling that the rest of the developer crew is blind to the upcoming problems with epic. i really hope you are wrong :-\

Daybreak

Looks fantastic.

Lobby page looks amazing! I love the new friends column. I think it's a great quick find. Perhaps the little icons could flash if someone is inviting you. As currently, I'm assuming the only way to check to see who actually is inviting you is in the friends page. Perhaps a message in the chat box could appear.

*Blob has invited you to join his game. (flash icon by server)

This way the only reason you go into the friends list is to do friend list management.

seefoo.

well, i was thinkin like bnet how you can make your own chat channels.  if you have 4 people in a game room and it crashes, all 4 people should end up in the channel you created and can chat or remake game.  this way you will know if the host is going to recreate or just go offline or whatever.

IM sounds nice but also i would not want msgs comin up while gaming, already hate xfire msgs.

so, what would you guys like to see on the server list page?  messege of the day like SC (but one that actually changes its info).  saying something like DL mr.mic's map pack from ....

as far as being blocky, the final version will be cleaned up and with different images/color ect.  these are pretty much just quick mock ups.  right now its about button placement and functions.

anyhow, i hope you guys have a lot more ideas when i get back. 

HeroFromHyrule

I like the idea of a MOTD function, as long as it is used.  Possibly even a part of the UI that is dedicated to just showing news for the mod (similar to what Tribes and Tribes 2 had).  The MOTD could say something like "New patch coming on July 28, see the news page for details!" and when you check the news page you could see patch notes (if finalized yet) or any other useful info.  DA had a similar thing on their multiplayer, but it was literally never used.

Spekkio

Seefoo,

Obviously the im would be shut off while gaming. It would just be nice to have it as a way for friends to communicate. Instead of using the invite function which most people ignore, you can send an im and say "hey...you down for a game?" and get an answer of "yea sure" or "no, we already got a full one."

goodkebab

it is debatable if IM in PS is possable.  Again,  this is a mod, so if UT doesnt support it,  we cant have it.

Overstatement

Hell, that applies for the invite function too.

Farley4Fan

Hey, that pic is Old Bones from Gears of War!!!1!!1 ;D

*waits for someone to slap me*

frvge

Quote from: Papa Skull on September 11, 2007, 02:29:22 AM
Hey, that pic is Old Bones from Gears of War!!!1!!1 ;D

*waits for someone to slap me*
*kickbans skull*. That does the job better :P

j/k.  ;D
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan