Previous topic - Next topic

which do you prefer ?

Purple ( reallife thermal)
24 (77.4%)
classic thermal
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Farley4Fan

I guess you guys are right, it needs to have its own distinct visions and not infinite amounts of colors with them.  I say you can choose between purple or red/blue for thermal vision, and you can choose between greenish and whitish Night visions.

Bionic-Blob

Quote from: Ion.67 on February 06, 2008, 05:09:08 AM
I may be a loner out here, but I don't want so many options. I want a solid game, all laid out from the start. I don't want to have to sit here, trying to figure out the optimal hue for my visions. I am sure the devs can choose which one makes the most sense, in the real world and the technical side,

whaaaaaattt!

customising is fun!

and besides, if you don't want to customise, just fecking leave it. it's not like we're forcing you too change the defaults.

psyichic

Make the default the purple scheme (Looks absolutely awesome IMO). but let people have the option of using the older color scheme as well. When it comes down to something like this why not let people choose? Show off project stealth using the purple thermal default and if people like the old way let em switch. Its hard to piss people off by giving them options.

InvisibleMan999

Only thing I don't like about the purple is that it seems much harder to navigate with. You really can't see the terrain at all.

Westfall

Quote from: InvisibleMan999 on February 21, 2008, 03:17:07 PM
Only thing I don't like about the purple is that it seems much harder to navigate with. You really can't see the terrain at all.

Did you play DA?

Also, its hard to navigate around a map in the other vision in CT....granted you probably know the map very well....but you walk into boxes and such. You can just barely see an outline.

Tidenburg

I don't know if customisation would be a good idea for somthing like this.. Didn't one of the devs say it was done through texture swaps? Wouldn't that mean alot of extra work for devs?

neth

Quote from: Bionic-Blob on February 20, 2008, 11:30:31 AM
customising is fun!

and besides, if you don't want to customise, just fecking leave it. it's not like we're forcing you too change the defaults.

qfe

Bionic-Blob

Quote from: Tidenburg on February 21, 2008, 05:03:20 PM
I don't know if customisation would be a good idea for somthing like this.. Didn't one of the devs say it was done through texture swaps? Wouldn't that mean alot of extra work for devs?

sort of, but not what you think.

the texture has to be swapped so you can see the characters/objects or whatever in thermals or emf vision correctly (you could see them without swapping the textures, but it'd just look wrong), but all the thermal vision/nightvision/emf/mt are just post-process effects. making a different vision is as simple as making/editing those effects (although i've look at them, and they certainly don't look simple xD).

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Westfall-US on February 21, 2008, 03:27:47 PM
Did you play DA?

Also, its hard to navigate around a map in the other vision in CT....granted you probably know the map very well....but you walk into boxes and such. You can just barely see an outline.

Yeah, it pretty much sucked in DA. you were almost blind using Thermal. It was actually pretty nice for spotting mercs, but I can't imagine it being all too useful in terms of detecting mines and the like. just beacuse you can't see what surface the mine is attached to.

Ion.67

THE RED TERMINAL IS BEING ATTACKED!

Say yes too purple thermal.

Westfall

Quote from: InvisibleMan999 on February 23, 2008, 02:41:44 AM
Quote from: Westfall-US on February 21, 2008, 03:27:47 PM
Did you play DA?

Yeah, it pretty much sucked in DA. you were almost blind using Thermal. It was actually pretty nice for spotting mercs, but I can't imagine it being all too useful in terms of detecting mines and the like. just beacuse you can't see what surface the mine is attached to.

It did show the mercs easily. I wonder how it will be with mines in place.

scope2005

I REALLY like purple thermal :o...

Although I still like good old "predator thermals", might be best making it a clientside option?