Main Menu

In-game ads

Started by frvge, June 20, 2007, 03:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi,

What are your points of view on in-game ads?
Like in Single Player Chaos Theory?
Or at windows of shops or posters/graffiti.

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

goodkebab

there will need to be some kind of income to cover the maintenance costs.

Its a bit to early i guess to plan for that.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

np for some ads, like the projection in Cinema, or on mall, in the video games shop, it'd be nice to make them to blend into the surroundings, though

Gawain

we need lots of players for stuff like this

Tidenburg

If you want money then put adverts in game  and some annoying nag things. Then allow people to become members online for a certain small fee, then they get new outfits in downloads every so often and the adds are removed. It would be good to have an advert for the first few seconds after you die, then there could be a "remove the add" thing in the corner while it is displayed.

Quote from: Tidenburg on June 21, 2007, 06:13:14 PM
If you want money then put adverts in game  and some annoying nag things. Then allow people to become members online for a certain small fee, then they get new outfits in downloads every so often and the adds are removed. It would be good to have an advert for the first few seconds after you die, then there could be a "remove the add" thing in the corner while it is displayed.
Nah, it would suck...
I like the idea of ads in the environment - like the Video Game shop on mall and stuff

LiVe.To.Di3

i dont like it and i dont see why u guys want it?

frvge

Server hardware isn't free, bandwidth isn't free, small things we use (mice, draw pad thingies) might be broken and need to be replaced.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

Quotedraw pad thingies
I think your referring to graphic tablets  :)

Overstatement

We need a website and put ads in that. And a donate box!

Gawain

Quote from: frvge on June 21, 2007, 10:07:33 PM
Server hardware isn't free, bandwidth isn't free, small things we use (mice, draw pad thingies) might be broken and need to be replaced.
put me on the list, i bought a new keyboard to post in this forum ^^

derfy

I have no problem with in game ads as long as they belong.

Quote from: derfy on June 22, 2007, 11:23:13 PM
I have no problem with in game ads
Me too, as long as the servers will be up and running

FlamingGimp

I have no problem with them as long as they're cool like Subway "X-tremely good" sandwiches, and ads for Ralph Nader.

Vega

In-game ads are fine as long as it fits with the level.  I don't want to see all these cheesy ads in a place like Orphanage or Missile Strike.