OCP (The thing that can disable security on coop, its on the pistol)

Started by 0ctin, March 11, 2008, 08:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wants th OCP implemented into PS?

Yes
13 (92.9%)
No
1 (7.1%)
Other = Balance issues
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Westfall

Quote from: Papa Skull on March 12, 2008, 12:10:45 AM
Why not on the glove?  That's basically one of the glove's strong points and reasons to be implemented.  Now if you want to make a super ss then go ahead.  I'd rather have a choice.  It would be useless on CT maps because maps weren't designed for it to be useful because it wasn't in the game.   :D

The maps would just have to be designed so it can be useful.

I feel the OCP should be on a gun....not a glove. The idea of the OCP working on the glove would make more sense now that I think about it because this would be a new stealth weapon. Maybe it should be 2 different guns though. I think the glove would be better though. I'm so torn lately.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Ion.67 on March 12, 2008, 01:25:54 AM
Contradiction there Papa?

Tbh, yeah sort of.  :D  actually not much.  They both were going toward the same conclusion anyways.  The maps weren't designed with the gadget in mind, think about how they would be with maps designed for it to be used on.

0ctin

It would feel uber cool on the gun, but its more suited to the glove. I just wish the new stealth gadget wasnt a glove, and something cooler^^.

Xris

stealth gun (SG), its smaller and looks more like a pistol for firing the smaller objects, and has the ESJ/EJS attached to it.

Farley4Fan

Lol everyone was against that gadget for some reason though...  Remember this?

QuoteIt's basically looks like the gun we have now.  Maybe a different looking barrel.  Here's what it does:

-It projects a cone of photons and has a range of about 20 feet.  The further you are away, the larger the circular end of the cone end becomes.  This makes it easier to hit things from further away.

- The cone of photons disables electronic devices silently.  Instead of that loud shock or that loud boom you get for shooting a mine with a regular ss.

- It does not fire ss bullets.  It's solely for stealth players who shouldn't get into a position that they have to use it anyways.  When the gun is fired at mercs their visions are completely disabled for around 5-10 seconds.  This leaves you able to move while using camo w/o being seen by any vision.  And allows you to be able to flash the merc easily, and escape.

- It is NOT a launcher, except for small things like spy bullets/stickies.  Meaning you can't launch nades.

- Maybe hbs should only be possible while using this alternative gun?  Maybe equip it with a scanner but it's only activated when you take hbs as a gadget?

- Maybe my sound reticule idea would only be possible while using this alternative gun?

That was my exact post.  Whaddya say guys?  The ss already benefits aggro a lot, why not give something to stealthier spies so they can benefit more from the main gadget?

Xris

Farley4Fan

lawlz.  Imagine an ice cream cone guyz!  :D  CONEZ R AWESUM!!

I would really like to have the coop OCP element in the game from CT coop mode.  Disable the device, let your partner go, then he disables it, then you go.  Makes for some good coop scenarios, SvM needs elements like that.

Farley4Fan

Oh yeah, then I suppose we should throw out coop moves then right?  ::)  It would go quite fast if you think about it.  You disable it, he walks through, he disables it, you walk through.  The whole process should take about 7-8 seconds, if that.

Gawain

using the ocp should drain like all your energy so that you are quite vulnerable if a merc get's you.

Farley4Fan

I agree, sort of.  It should only take as much energy porportional to the amount of time you take.  If you only disable the device for 2 seconds it should only take about half of your energy, whereas 5 seconds would take all of it.