Main Menu

EAX (2)

Started by .leelu12., March 26, 2009, 10:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaNilla

Some games do have factors which can vary with FPS, however in a game like Splinter Cell it has little to no effect to be honest, I would say whilst it does give you a slight advantage in some events like grabbing and speed, it's nothing that really effects gameplay. If this were a game like GTA San Andreas then that would be a whole different story as there are a lot of properties in the GTA PC Games (on renderware atleast) that can differentiate with FPS, such as speed, the ease of pulling a wheelie (I don't know what effects this, possibly air resistance, based on the height and such you can gain opposing from Frame Limiter on/off, I would support that) but I'm getting quite off topic now :P.

A game like splinter cell is very unlikely to be substantially effected by FPS, but my point is that whilst I don't know how FPS effects UE3 you should still keep in mind that FPS can make a difference.

.leelu12.

i play sc at 1600x1200 at 30fps (60fps if unlocked).
@Freeman: you said earlier "i dont use AA". Whether this is true or not idrc. What matters though, is that AA was available and still is, and some people are not so noble as you Freeman, to remove it.

@Lennard: Ok, well as far as i know, EAX does not work with Vista because vista has replaced it with OpenGL/AL or w.e and as such you need a converter to make an EAX game work in vista. Ok so the real issue is not EAX but the bad balance EAX creates regarding extended sound zones etc.

@Freeman: "With a playerbase this small (judging by CT) IP bans are retarded, soon enough everybody will get banned from all the servers." Well, hopefully if a MAC ban (IP is useless, because you can change IP easily) is built into PS, then morons in servers can have their account banned say 4 times in a certain period and then have their machine address banned for a week from the hosts server. This only prevents the moron from playing in 1 server for a week AND if he wants to be a moron, then he should be banned.

@Freeman: "Not everybody wants to play seriously all the time." You were one of the most serious players i have ever played, getting angry so fast at things.

@Freeman: "Why are you constantly trying to...put others down on the forum?". Lol? havent posted in months and common grow up =) dont be so sensitive.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

I <3 U

Quote from: .leelu12. on March 27, 2009, 08:51:54 PM
i play sc at 1600x1200 at 30fps (60fps if unlocked).
@Freeman: you said earlier "i dont use AA". Whether this is true or not idrc. What matters though, is that AA was available and still is, and some people are not so noble as you Freeman, to remove it.

@Lennard: Ok, well as far as i know, EAX does not work with Vista because vista has replaced it with OpenGL/AL or w.e and as such you need a converter to make an EAX game work in vista. Ok so the real issue is not EAX but the bad balance EAX creates regarding extended sound zones etc.

@Freeman: "With a playerbase this small (judging by CT) IP bans are retarded, soon enough everybody will get banned from all the servers." Well, hopefully if a MAC ban (IP is useless, because you can change IP easily) is built into PS, then morons in servers can have their account banned say 4 times in a certain period and then have their machine address banned for a week from the hosts server. This only prevents the moron from playing in 1 server for a week AND if he wants to be a moron, then he should be banned.

@Freeman: "Not everybody wants to play seriously all the time." You were one of the most serious players i have ever played, getting angry so fast at things.

@Freeman: "Why are you constantly trying to...put others down on the forum?". Lol? havent posted in months and common grow up =) dont be so sensitive.

I just like to swear a lot, doesnt mean im angry. Banning IPs is still stupid. Hacks will be made for PS, it's just what happens with PC games. Theres nothing we can do about it.

Spark Mandriller

This is the shittiest thread ever.

LennardF1989

Quote from: FR33M4N on March 27, 2009, 10:29:57 PM
I just like to swear a lot, doesnt mean im angry. Banning IPs is still stupid. Hacks will be made for PS, it's just what happens with PC games. Theres nothing we can do about it.
Ever heard of Anti-Cheat measures? Not being able to access sourcecode doesn't mean we can't have certain background processes running...

Quote@Lennard: Ok, well as far as i know, EAX does not work with Vista because vista has replaced it with OpenGL/AL or w.e and as such you need a converter to make an EAX game work in vista. Ok so the real issue is not EAX but the bad balance EAX creates regarding extended sound zones etc.
You're still misunderstanding. EAX is a DLL File, like EAX.dll, where OpenAL has an OpenAL.dll file (usually found in System32). Same for PhysX having a PhysX.dll file.

These DLL files contain instructions for the game on how to do a certain thing (like, applying an effect to a sound), they come with the game. Vista can't do shit about it as the game will always use the DLL supplied (if it can't find it, the game will most likely CRASH saying it couldn't find file X.dll - I'm sure you had an error like that before - ). So thats complete BS.

We can't ban users as we don't have access to the GameSpy database. End of discussion, no bypass, nothing and thats good. It would be VERY bad if everyone could just ban any GameSpy account or edit its details.

Netcode of UT3 is quite good, just a matter of passing over the right information. So the only ones that can screw it up are we.

The game already is widescreen... Yes, that means you'll see more ingame if you have a wider screen, though, thats not nessesarily good (try to play some older FPS -eg. Battlefield 1942 - on 1680x1050, you'll go insane by how it looks).

Why do I say older FPS, because those games usually don't natively support such resolutions (only by hacking it). We can't edit the widescreencode through UnrealScript (limitations of a mod), so we can't really control how it looks on each resolution (besides zooming in and changing FOV to prevent the user from seeing too much). If we would have sourcecode access, we could tell the game how to handle resolutions bigger than res x without using bypasses as changing FOV or zooming.