Jumping and turning ?

Started by AgentX_003, January 09, 2011, 04:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you really find Jumping and turning cheap ? / Removed out of the game ?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
9 (52.9%)
Perhaps
2 (11.8%)
I think
2 (11.8%)
I dunno
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: January 13, 2011, 04:15:59 AM

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 09, 2011, 11:56:17 AM
children stop de-railing my threads :/...... You people wanted more to talk about on a serious note and I gave it to you but no you decide to bring your spam like behaviour into here and ruin the thread, sigh.

Oh shut the f*** up? You brought a topic the same way I could have made a topic, should Flashbang blind a mercenary when thrown?

VaNilla

Just make it so that if your in the range of a mercenary to break his neck, when you press the action button it will grab him regardless of jumping or not. You should also be able to grab airborne mercenaries from behind. I imagine this is already the case.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on January 09, 2011, 02:10:43 PM
Just make it so that if your in the range of a mercenary to break his neck, when you press the action button it will grab him regardless of jumping or not. You should also be able to grab airborne mercenaries from behind. I imagine this is already the case.

I think it would be kind of cool to see an animation spy jumps on the mercenaries back and then they both fall on the ground and the spy can break or knock him out, (Note those animations both should take the same time as the one with standing.

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 09, 2011, 02:14:59 PM
Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on January 09, 2011, 02:10:43 PM

I think it would be kind of cool to see an animation spy jumps on the mercenaries back and then they both fall on the ground and the spy can break or knock him out, (Note those animations both should take the same time as the one with standing.

ye well but then again which one appear in what moment. I mean this jump on animation would be when you jump on merc from some higher place and the other one with standing would be wheyou'rere on the same
floor with merc. I guess matching those two anims would be too powerful...

Gawain

we don't know anything about the aggro dynamic in ps. in ct jumping and turning was kinda necessary in 2on1 situations...

NeoSuperior

i voted no...

In my opinion grab should only be a surprise element instead of FLASH-CHAFF-SMOKE ATTACK FROM FRONT AND GRAB AFTER THAT... i find it ridiculous that it's possible for a spy to hit a merc and the partner grabs the merc right after that (HK in most cases) / after Beserks, but cannot break the neck of a merc that is unconscious on the ground... so the merc should be able to guard his back by jumping if he knows that the spy is about to grab him.

so the only thing that should be changed is the typical "Jump Bug" where the merc jumps right before a spy hits him and is uneffected by the hit because of that -.-

How about being able to hit the merc in air but making it impossible to grab a merc in mid-air?

Or maybe the merc gets a "battle mode" where he is VERY slow, but cannot be grabbed? And changing the modes could take like 3 seconds? well w/e
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 09, 2011, 01:21:27 PM
children stop de-railing my threads :/...... You people wanted more to talk about on a serious note and I gave it to you but no you decide to bring your spam like behaviour into here and ruin the thread, sigh.

Oh shut the f*** up? You brought a topic the same way I could have made a topic, should Flashbang blind a mercenary when thrown?

First off I personally have no problems with it and just wanted to get an idea of what the rest of you think because I have heard this particular complaint  from various xbox players / ps2 players, not mentioning any names cause i don't want to center anyone out here.

Secondly Robert , think before you speak because your question of mockery has no merit interms of discussing something that requires balance/ proper input.

Last but not least, if your going to post at all ,relate to the topic ,otherwise take it to a pm or the offtopic section  but everyone carry on from here cause im intrested into seeing what the rest of you have to say.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 09, 2011, 10:54:56 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 09, 2011, 01:21:27 PM

First off I personally have no problems with it and just wanted to get an idea of what the rest of you think because I have heard this particular complaint  from various xbox players / ps2 players, not mentioning any names cause i don't want to center anyone out here.

Secondly Robert , think before you speak because your question of mockery has no merit interms of discussing something that requires balance/ proper input.

Last but not least, if your going to post at all ,relate to the topic ,otherwise take it to a pm or the offtopic section  but everyone carry on from here cause im intrested into seeing what the rest of you have to say.

Ok and how is any of that you are discussing is a balance issue? Jumping and turning is possible in real life and no matter what you do it can't be changed because it's possible, maybe giving it less sensitivity is a good idea, but you are forgetting the fact that spies are going to be far more powerful in PS than in CT, especially if there won't be something like a jump bug, that means bash and grab will work 100% of the time.

Farley4Fan

He used to be, but he is not amused by your constant fighting anymore.

CurdyMilk

Quote from: DreadStunLock on January 09, 2011, 11:50:32 PM
but you are forgetting the fact that spies are going to be far more powerful in PS than in CT, especially if there won't be something like a jump bug, that means bash and grab will work 100% of the time.
I don't think the spies should be much more powerful.  Mercs should have a slight advantage.

DreadStunLock

Well, I am not saying spies are going to be much powerful because of the developers making them powerful, I am saying because of few facts:

In CT: People rely heavily on their monitor and graphic card to EMF Ghost and to see Motion Patches of spies.

In PS: They are completely invisibile.

+1 To spies

In CT: When you get bashed and another spy goes behind the mercenary he can crouch or jump bug out of the grab.

In PS: I doubt that will be possible.

+1 To spies

What else?

In CT: sound is really buggy, meaning that everyone can hear mines at different distances they are in, some people like (Me :), Knoober, the blood 6xtence) Have EAX which makes proximity mines ridicilously useless, and planting the mines quite time wasting too because they can hear the planting.

In PS: As Frvge maybe mentioned or one of the developers did, Sound will be equal.

+1 to spies

And there are many more but that just the few of them that makes spies really good and versatille.

And for noobs with no skill to aggro (Yes you probably will be able to do stealth...noobs....The Game...)

Farley4Fan

The lack of EAX also would mean mercs can use mines more effectively.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Farley4Fan on January 10, 2011, 09:53:08 AM
The lack of EAX also would mean mercs can use mines more effectively.

1 up for Papaskull :D

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Using mines more effectively yes, but I wonder how different Sound cards will react to PS, because having a crappy soundcard vs a very good soundcard, I wonder if that makes a difference.

But the problem is, I think people will figure out in the end how to make an external EAX, but that actually is hacking unless people from CT say otherwise, and there will be, there is always something worse.

NeoSuperior

i am not sure... but if i remember correcty, then EAX can also be used without hearing every sound of the map, if implemented into the game correctly (in CT it was done bad)
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin