Activating gasmask, after being tazed

Started by NeoSuperior, February 07, 2011, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Well... what i realized was, that in SC:CT after being tazed, the merc has a 1-2 second gap, between "taze invincibility" and "being able to activate gasmask again".

And at that time the merc cannot switch on his GM and is vulnerable to smoke nades or cams and the only way out is charging to a safe place... this is a huge weakness for the merc if 2 spies gang up on him, so i wanted to ask:

How will PS handle this? Will it be the same as in CT or will this be "fixed"?

And what do YOU think about this?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

knooger

That's not a huge problem in CT, that even help a bit spy in specific moments.
But it's not huge unbalance, you just have to be carefull as merc.

VaNilla

I think there should be no delay, for the sake of balance :)

DreadStunLock

It can be annoying if the 2 spies drop 2 sticky cameras behind you and in front, but unfortunately those angles are ridicilously rare, as well as noone almost ever does that (Unless really unlucky)

The thing that is annoying is that you can't gas mask while climbing the ladder which gives a spy an opportunity to get a free "ZzZzZz" Mercenary for 6 seconds, though it's not really unbalanced since a heavy mercenary shouldn't be able to put anything on while being on a ladder.

Spekkio

I have no issue with this system. The only time where it really affects you is when you get shocked in a vent, but you shouldn't have gotten yourself in that spot to begin with.

SteveTheCookie

It can be annoying, but I guess it's not that big of a deal. It doesn't really make sense though, I mean what's stopping the merc from activating it after he's no longer tazed?

Spekkio

Nothing...it has a 1-2 second wind-up after being activated, and you are vulnerable to cams in less than that time.

DreadStunLock

I actually think that PS should have the same, 1-2 second delay, it gives more skillful players to do a very tricky sticky cam from any angle, not like it's going to work all the time, but still. It can be the hidden posibility.

Snakebit.

Its a legit tactic , don't remove it from SvM.

NeoSuperior

If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Meister_Neo on February 09, 2011, 04:59:46 PM
That is aggro play...

So what? You are saying aggro play is not meant to be for spies? Aggro play is a lot more difficult than stealth play, and personally in my opinion it's the pussy way.

NeoSuperior

k the game's name changed officially to "project aggro"

- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Meister_Neo on February 09, 2011, 05:31:52 PM
k the game's name changed officially to "project aggro"

So what is versus to you? Aggrus?

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 09, 2011, 05:19:37 PM
Quote from: Meister_Neo on February 09, 2011, 04:59:46 PM
That is aggro play...

So what? You are saying aggro play is not meant to be for spies? Aggro play is a lot more difficult than stealth play, and personally in my opinion it's the pussy way.

thats your opinion but it just tells me and everyone else is your impatient.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Impatient in what? That actually is true, I am impatient overall, but when time is ticking, you don't want to lose because you dragged the time on.