Soft Drive & Fartcharge

Started by knooger, March 20, 2011, 12:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knooger

Yo, Have been you even wondering what abilities a man should have to kill spions... ooops wrong tape... about HDD in Versus?
One annoying thing is that you cannot drop it on ground anywhere you want. So, you can't give it to your mate who will just drop it in "drop zone"

What about that feature in PS, for example I take disc and I can throw it on ground any time i want with e.p. "H"? (ofcourse disc will dissapear after same time like spy gets killed and no one touch it)

I don't know if there was a topic about berserk and charge but why don't make them both under different keys? For example charge "Shift" and berserk "Q"?

Discuss.

DreadStunLock

I would like an abilitie to throw the disk, it would make an excellent team based game with the HDD, and why not? I don't see it too unbalanced, of course there should not be a posibility of throwing the disk inside the case :P

knooger

I mean it should drop on ground like it's doing when u die :P

NeoSuperior

Quote from: KnoogeR on March 20, 2011, 01:17:11 AM
I mean it should drop on ground like it's doing when u die :P

Yep, otherwise we can start playing "bombing run" from Unreal Tournament
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

CurdyMilk

Quote from: KnoogeR on March 20, 2011, 12:58:12 AM
What about that feature in PS, for example I take disc and I can throw it on ground any time i want with e.p. "H"? (ofcourse disc will dissapear after same time like spy gets killed and no one touch it)
The only real reason you would do this is if a noob wants to give the disk to a better player, but why not?  Maybe there shouldn't be a drop option, but a way to transfer the disk directly to your partner instead (hand it to him).  Of course they would have to be next to each other because we don't want to play a game of catch and chase.

tigaer

I actually really like this idea. Having the ability to drop the disk in the same fashion that you drop grenades would open up different ways to use the disk both to score, and for a tool that aggro spies can put to use. What I mean by that is, you could drop it in a corner, double back and wait for the merc to chase it, (since it shows up on his radar) and then grab him as he turns the corner. Would also make for some fun bait and switch tactics.

VaNilla

Quote from: tigaer on March 20, 2011, 09:38:29 AM
I actually really like this idea. Having the ability to drop the disk in the same fashion that you drop grenades would open up different ways to use the disk both to score, and for a tool that aggro spies can put to use. What I mean by that is, you could drop it in a corner, double back and wait for the merc to chase it, (since it shows up on his radar) and then grab him as he turns the corner. Would also make for some fun bait and switch tactics.

Yes, I agree :D

monterto

When a spy grabs the disk, it forces one player to be vulnerable until he either captures the disk or dies. This commitment gives both the spy and the merc a clear goal and being able to just drop the disk and try again later seems like it would reduce tension in the game.

Less tension = less excitement

Anyone else feel this way?
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

DreadStunLock

You do have a point, that's why I think there should be a cooldown between being able to drop the disk...

As well as I think the disk should appear in your gadgets to be thrown down, same way you can't throw a grenade and have a Gas Mask on...

VaNilla

Quote from: monterto on March 20, 2011, 04:33:21 PM
When a spy grabs the disk, it forces one player to be vulnerable until he either captures the disk or dies. This commitment gives both the spy and the merc a clear goal and being able to just drop the disk and try again later seems like it would reduce tension in the game.

Less tension = less excitement

Anyone else feel this way?

I disagree, by dropping the disk you put your capture completely at risk, so you have to be absolutely certain you can make your move if you do decide to drop it. I feel there would be very few situations were people would realistically drop the disk anyway as it would be too obvious in many cases, so I find when you do it, it would be a good addition :P

AgentX_003

I think a better Idea would be If the spy could throw it to his partner  while hes running to fake out the merc =) , ie . like a hand off in  American foot ball .

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

DreadStunLock

Are you mentally instable? People already disagreed to it, what is wrong with you dude?

Farley4Fan

A cooldown for dropping a disk?  The idea just sounds ridiculous.  Also Dread, there hasn't been a clear consensus yet.  Cool your jets.

I don't have a problem with handing off/dropping the disk, but if we are going to go that far then there needs to be interaction/options with the other objectives as well.  

What about a fake hack gadget the spies put on terminals?  Remotely triggered, shows an alert on the mercs HUD that the terminal is getting hacked, but only lasts for 5 seconds or something.  Could be a boost to an existing gadget like spy bullet or snare (if it is decided that a boost is needed for one).  You can probably imagine the uses for something like this.  Could be interesting.

DreadStunLock

I think that would be brilliant, as well as maybe something to show a fake "Security Failure" on spies? I don't know what it could be but.

I had this weird idea of alarm snares should be able to blow up the mines if left very close to them for like 5-10 seconds, it is a noise emmiter and maybe it could do somesort of an overload? Why not, shoot and leave it if the mercenary doesn't see it blows up maybe taking it with him?

Also what about phosphorus grenades? I think those are neat suckers.

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunLock on March 20, 2011, 08:53:46 PM
Are you mentally instable? People already disagreed to it, what is wrong with you dude?

clearly ur the one who is instable to comprehend, Im not talking about throwing the disk a long distance
like a quaterback would do to a centre whos about to get a touch down... , im talking about in close distance, like you have to be close to ur partner..

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD