WHats PS gUNNA DO NOW ?!

Started by AgentX_003, May 07, 2013, 06:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Awww, how sweet :)

*adding fuel to the fire*
I define killstreaks as killing multiple opponents within a pre-determined maximum amount of time from each other and having a reward that is not-standard to gameplay.

In PT/CT, the reward is standard to gameplay: Mercs are not there. No difference with the Merc being in another place of the map.
In B, the points are an extra-gameplay award, besides the fact that they are not there (when they are dead, of course).

So the real question should be:
What are the benefits of killing multiple Mercs in succession for normal gameplay, when there are infinite lives and Mercs can get to the hacking spot quickly from spawn, besides getting more points and a (slightly?) higher chance of finishing the objective by using the extra "safe" time?
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Lol this is just great.

There may not be a game-changing killstreak reward, but the fact that spies getting double kills and streaks of 3+ are common enough that they added a point bonus and a clip in the trailer, it's concerning. 

Yes, spies die faster, but why do I get the feeling that it will be ridiculously easy to kill the merc if you take him by surprise?

I like that you're posting opinions from those who have played the game.  Certainly their 2-cents are interesting, but I can enjoy the shallowest experience for at least a day or two before I realize the lack of depth.  I doubt I'm alone here.  I get blinded by the fancy, shiny new things.  Once the shine dulls down, the flaws become much more apparent.

VaNilla

Quote from: Farley4Fan on May 14, 2013, 06:40:56 AM
Lol this is just great.

There may not be a game-changing killstreak reward, but the fact that spies getting double kills and streaks of 3+ are common enough that they added a point bonus and a clip in the trailer, it's concerning. 

Yes, spies die faster, but why do I get the feeling that it will be ridiculously easy to kill the merc if you take him by surprise?

I like that you're posting opinions from those who have played the game.  Certainly their 2-cents are interesting, but I can enjoy the shallowest experience for at least a day or two before I realize the lack of depth.  I doubt I'm alone here.  I get blinded by the fancy, shiny new things.  Once the shine dulls down, the flaws become much more apparent.

I agree that the novelty could wear off after a couple of days, I didn't think about that. We'll have to wait and see, but so far the game looks awesome to me :P. However, I don't agree they added a point bonus for double kills because they're common. Everything you do is rewarded, so it only makes sense that along with rewarding standard kills, they reward double kills. Single kills are far more common than double kills, and yet they're still rewarded. It does look easy to kill a merc by surprise, but the big risk is that if he sees you, you're probably going to die. It's an even bigger risk than CT because the guns are much more powerful, and unlike CT, the mercs can also perform instant melee kills. Given that risk, and the fact that everyone has infinite lives, I don't think fast ambush kills are going to be a problem, but we'll see.

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: frvge on May 13, 2013, 08:46:40 AM
Awww, how sweet :)

*adding fuel to the fire*
I define killstreaks as killing multiple opponents within a pre-determined maximum amount of time from each other and having a reward that is not-standard to gameplay.

In PT/CT, the reward is standard to gameplay: Mercs are not there. No difference with the Merc being in another place of the map.
In B, the points are an extra-gameplay award, besides the fact that they are not there (when they are dead, of course).

So the real question should be:
What are the benefits of killing multiple Mercs in succession for normal gameplay, when there are infinite lives and Mercs can get to the hacking spot quickly from spawn, besides getting more points and a (slightly?) higher chance of finishing the objective by using the extra "safe" time?

You brought up something I didn't think about until just now.  But, the points could matter if there's a Quick Match/Ranked Match setting as well.  Thinking back o Double Agent, the amount of points you could get could be a BIG deal in Ranked, while in Quick Match, they would just be there for End of game score.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

Pusianka

So, I just went again through all the stuff that was shown about new SvM Blacklist and then looked at what project stealth has to offer and I must admit, I felt much better about what is being created here then what Ubi is trying to pull off again. Project Stealth feels much more like CT versus in a lot of ways, while SvM blacklist (I am naturally talking about classic mode) feels like all new games - a lot faster, a lot more brutal. Wether there are killstreaks by any definition or not, we can't deny the fact that spies are now actually able to do Double kills from front with a knife. THAT is what should be the topic of discussion here since, I can bearly imagine that to be CLASSIC MODE if you can do such a thing! Secondly something that bothered just a little was the moment in the vid when merc gets on the ladder and view changes to third person - WHY?! I can already see myself doing that, just to sneakpick what's on the other side!

But yea, basically we should be worried about the knife thing since it looks very badly from our perspective.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

RisokunAraiguma

Quote from: Farley4Fan on May 11, 2013, 06:24:35 AM
I believe Ubi made Far Cry 3, so not every game after CT has been atrocious.

But damn close.

The freakin chain kills the spy was pulling off after an automatically aimed drop/kill from 5 feet above a merc is what had me concerned after watching the video.  And killstreaks.  And spies seemingly carrying UMP's. 

But other than those things, I'm actually interested to see how this pans out.

Far Cry 2 though....*Shoots himself in the face*

RaDRoacH

FC2 wasn't bad. The bad things were the plot and the shitty stealth system.
FC3 was nice, but the tatau bs and the health system made the game more easy, also the MP was the   worst cod copy that i've ever seen. I was thinking to get black ops, then i thinked, uhhh i already have FC3, also the mp system is a total crap.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.