CT mouseproblem

Started by Sunshine, October 11, 2011, 07:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine

I had this problem last time I played too, and don't think I managed to solve it. However, I was gonna play CT today and got reminded of the problem.
Here's a describing piture:
http://bildr.no/view/997276

I move the mouse in a straight line, but aim is REALLY curvy. Impossible to aim. Though when I got sniper up, it's like it should...
Anyone got a clue or had the same problem?

Got Windows7 as operating system, if it makes any difference. And only CT give me this problem.

Cronky

I don't have an answer for you other than doing things like:

-Trying a different mouse (just to make sure it's not the mouse that's the problem)

-Making sure the correct drivers are installed for the mouse (if applicable)

-Make sure there isn't extra options in the mouse drivers/game that might affect the mouse (Through Mouse setting in the control panel, specialized mouse panels, or in game options screen)

Anyway, I mainly made this post to explain that I moved this topic from Public Discussion to General/Offtopic. Public Discussion is for PS related topics. Not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention the why of "Why did my topic get moved to another board". ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

AgentX_003

Quote from: Sunshine on October 11, 2011, 07:35:58 PM
I had this problem last time I played too, and don't think I managed to solve it. However, I was gonna play CT today and got reminded of the problem.

I move the mouse in a straight line, but aim is REALLY curvy. Impossible to aim. Though when I got sniper up, it's like it should...

Got Windows7 as operating system, if it makes any difference. And only CT give me this problem.

no it doesnt, just set your interpolling rate  to 125 hz prob solved.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

VaNilla

Make sure you've got mouse acceleration disabled in the control panel/mouse drivers :)

Sunshine

Quote from: AgentX_003 on October 11, 2011, 10:07:33 PM
Quote from: Sunshine on October 11, 2011, 07:35:58 PM

no it doesnt, just set your interpolling rate  to 125 hz prob solved.

How?

knooger

In your mouse drivers, tell us your mouse model.

Cronky

I looked up your old thread saying around the same thing and in it you never specified what fixed your problem, but you also didn't say anything after Stone said this:

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on November 22, 2010, 05:40:14 AM
CPL Mouse Fix, download it :)

Also

Quote from: AgentX_003 on October 11, 2011, 10:07:33 PM
...just set your interpolling rate  to 125 hz prob solved.

If you wouldn't mind explaining HOW someone goes about setting what you said to what you said, it would probably be more helpful. ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

knooger

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on November 22, 2010, 05:40:14 AM
CPL Mouse Fix, download it :)
It shouldn't work in CT due to that it's probably using Direct Input which is not using win32 settings (I'm just too lazy to install CT just for testing that thing). Another thing is that it's made for Windows XP so it is not working or not working propertly on win 7, there is another fix made by MarkC.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1846538 <--avaliable to download from here.

@Cronky
He cannot explain how to change it because he don't know what's mouse she's using or maybe her mouse is 500hz out of the box. I suggest you to do not use more than 15-16 sensitivity in CT.

Anyway, I used 500Hz mouse while playing CT for a long time and I have to say it's working fine just negative acceleration is stronger.
Blame ubisoft for failing CT port from console. :)

ShadowX

Tested stuff out yesterday since I had the game installed. I have a G500 Logitech mouse, so I set the polling rate between 500Hz - which is the standard for it - and 125Hz. The mouse didn't get any jagged movement or anything, but it was painfully slow at the same 8 sensitivity that I like to use at 125Hz.

Also I remember having some problems with my mouse before, went to default.ini in the system folder, and edited the line "ReduceMouseLag=True" to False, and it fixed it all, but I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, I know it was making the game pretty unplayable.

Sunshine

Quote from: ShadowX on October 18, 2011, 06:11:17 PM
Tested stuff out yesterday since I had the game installed. I have a G500 Logitech mouse, so I set the polling rate between 500Hz - which is the standard for it - and 125Hz. The mouse didn't get any jagged movement or anything, but it was painfully slow at the same 8 sensitivity that I like to use at 125Hz.

Also I remember having some problems with my mouse before, went to default.ini in the system folder, and edited the line "ReduceMouseLag=True" to False, and it fixed it all, but I'm not exactly sure what the problem was, I know it was making the game pretty unplayable.

okay, I'm gonna try this.
And btw, the one who posted about my last topic about this problem - if I remember right, I never fixed the problem - hence I didn't start playing again.

edit: I already had "ReduceMouseLag=False" :(
edit2: is hz same as DPI?

Googled some HZ changer and changed it to 500, but it stays at 1000Hz?

frvge

Hz = frequency of time between polls. You want this to be high for most precision. Can get sluggish if you go too high.
DPI = dots per inch. Defines the precision. Preferably high, but depends on your preferences (do you want to move the mouse a lot, or little etc)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Sunshine

Quote from: frvge on January 24, 2012, 09:35:40 PM
Hz = frequency of time between polls. You want this to be high for most precision. Can get sluggish if you go too high.
DPI = dots per inch. Defines the precision. Preferably high, but depends on your preferences (do you want to move the mouse a lot, or little etc)

Oh okay, so 1000Hz might be to high? Can you tell me a good hertz changing program then?

AgentX_003

Quote from: Sunshine on January 24, 2012, 09:41:32 PM

Oh okay, so 1000Hz might be to high? Can you tell me a good hertz changing program then?

both logitech and razer have their own customizable program that comes on the cd / drivers.

For CT when I do play, my dpi is 800 and of course 125 hz for the polling rate for smooth operation.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Sunshine

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 24, 2012, 10:05:50 PM
Quote from: Sunshine on January 24, 2012, 09:41:32 PM

both logitech and razer have their own customizable program that comes on the cd / drivers.

For CT when I do play, my dpi is 800 and of course 125 hz for the polling rate for smooth operation.

I got the brand "Ace" so I need some other program, as they don't have such drivers =)