4 years and 2 months ago...

Started by puuusianka, February 01, 2011, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puuusianka

... The forum started. The devs never told us any deadline for this project but I can make a bet that at least some of them had vision about when it should come out. The community was slowly growing as time passed. Now the forum get's about 1 new member per day. That's good but I think that at this point the devs should be able to judge the speed of work and post a deadline, best this year in November, would be perfect(round five years of work).

Why you SHOULD post the deadline? Because more fans might join the community and there are some people out there who wrote in public that it's an interesting mode worth waiting for, who knows maybe they'll write some more nice things to the wider audience when they'll see the thing? Finally setting a deadline won't hurt you much what's more it will motivate you. Even if you won't manage to do it in time then what's the problem. You will put it off a little but one thing is for certain people work faster when they know that they have some deadline somewhere. The more time you give yourself the more you'll waste... Bullshit you say? Theoretically should be but practically ask yourselves what really happens when you get a lot of free time. :P

Yours always supportive,

Pusianka

DreadStunLock

Why they SHOULDN'T post deadlines:

1. Don't get the communities hopes up.
2. Not to dissapoint.
3. They are Indie.
4. They don't get payed.
5. My laptop sucks and is weaker than an iPad and iPhone.
6. Another 7 months I need.
7. They should take their time.
8. They should take another year to polish the BETA for a better outcome.
9. They have a job and family to take care off.
10. Some developers spend a lot of money to keep the website and resources available.
11. Because of that they are allowed to not set a deadline.
12. They spend money on their own behalf to go to Gamescon, Epic(whatever) just to get publicity.

I think I win.

puuusianka

Quote from: DreadStunLock on February 01, 2011, 07:16:27 PM
Why they SHOULDN'T post deadlines:

1. Don't get the communities hopes up.

Why, not?

2. Not to dissapoint.

You really think they can't do it without dissapointing the fans?

3. They are Indie.

So what?

4. They don't get payed.

Well that's why noone can make them do sth. I agree

5. My laptop sucks and is weaker than an iPad and iPhone.

That's personal problem...

6. Another 7 months I need.

That's why you're on art studies. Guess what! November is 11th month of the year!

7. They should take their time.

Well, hello 5 years! Anyway I explained the time issue in the first post

8. They should take another year to polish the BETA for a better outcome.

Trust me I bet they are able to do it this year.

9. They have a job and family to take care off.

Not all of them but some yes. I agree

10. Some developers spend a lot of money to keep the website and resources available.

Lol you just owned yourself. The faster it comes out the faster they'll get some attention from public and maybe some more donations.

11. Because of that they are allowed to not set a deadline.

That's just being an ass, sorry to say that.

12. They spend money on their own behalf to go to Gamescon, Epic(whatever) just to get publicity.

Well, that refers to earlier point with money

Summing up just 2 reasons were good enough to look at them. Seriously dread you just spammed BS that would look like a big post with whole lot of reasons.

I think I win.

Rysiu-.

2 good arguments out of 12 isn't unusual for rob :P There always have to be some thrash/spam things added to his posts :D

And about what u said puss, there should be some deadline. or at least some numbers on which we could estimate when PS will come out
I know more CT bugs than you could ever imagine. I just had forgot about half of them.

frvge

It comes out when we feel it's ready.

Think it's long? Try Duke Nukem Forever. And that had multiple teams of 80 fulltime people with a budget of at least 12 million dollars. Hahaha. I guess we'll make it before we hit 12 years :D
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

knooger

Quote from: frvge on February 01, 2011, 08:38:17 PM

Think it's long? Try Duke Nukem Forever. And that had multiple teams of 80 fulltime people with a budget of at least 12 million dollars. Hahaha. I guess we'll make it before we hit 12 years :D

No dude, PS should come out before 2012.
:(
I am gonna suicide before World end.

puuusianka

Frvge you chose the worst example of all + duke nukem forever is still not out...
I don't like racing games but NFS is the best example of fast game creating. COD another great example. The witcher - 20 fulltime working people bearly 3 years.

knooger

Quote from: puuusianka on February 01, 2011, 08:45:29 PM
Frvge you chose the worst example of all + duke nukem forever is still not out...
I don't like racing games but NFS is the best example of fast game creating. COD another great example.
Both games are piece of shit.
Sorry CoD 1,2 was nice and NFS was nice to U2

Rysiu-.

Quote from: KnoogeR on February 01, 2011, 08:47:44 PM
Quote from: puuusianka on February 01, 2011, 08:45:29 PM
I don't like racing games but NFS is the best example of fast game creating. COD another great example.
Both games are piece of shit.
Sorry CoD 1,2 was nice and NFS was nice to U2

Its not about how cool those games are, but about how fast they were made :)
I know more CT bugs than you could ever imagine. I just had forgot about half of them.

Bubbaganoosh

Quote from: frvge on February 01, 2011, 08:38:17 PM

That's the only answer you ever need to give. People can accept or gtfo.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

puuusianka

Pls don't spam posts with no arguments. We're suppose to be constructive critics.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: frvge on February 01, 2011, 08:38:17 PMIt comes out when we feel it's ready.

Yes! This is it! It's a new answer! That means we can expect BE*A (hahaha now it is NOT prolonged :P) very soon!

Because usually they say "When it's done"!
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

puuusianka

Quote from: Meister_Neo on February 01, 2011, 09:26:44 PM
Quote from: frvge on February 01, 2011, 08:38:17 PMIt comes out when we feel it's ready.

Yes! This is it! It's a new answer! That means we can expect BE*A (hahaha now it is NOT prolonged :P) very soon!

Because usually they say "When it's done"!

Have you ever thought about it from their point of view...?
You got easly manipulated just right now :D. ^^

DreadStunLock

Quote from: puuusianka on February 01, 2011, 09:24:26 PM
Pls don't spam posts with no arguments. We're suppose to be constructive critics.

Excuse me, but everything I said wasn't really untrue, the personal problems were a joke? As well as, because they are indie game, that gives them every right for not setting up a deadline, why the FUCK do you really care if they make a deadline?

First of all you guys are some sort of no lifes that seem to see PS as the only game in the world, and until it's release there is nothing else to play, so before you act all cool Pusiek think about that please. (P.S: This is the reason why I didn't delete the post)

Second of all, what does my art studies got to do anything with them taking another 7 months? Are you stupid? or are you trying to find an excuse, second of all how much do you expect people going to donate? 1$? 10$ if lucky through all the waiting time?

I am not being harsh, but seriously, if PS developers are really hoping to get Donations when it's released, well they are kidding themselves, and I am sure they are not.

frvge

Donations are always welcome. We will probably put some nice button up when we feel it's appropiate.

And yes, psu... when we feel it's ready. We're far, but not far enough to show you what we've been working on the past 2 months. Heck, some stuff is truely f-ing cool. Other stuff, like the special build, is not really a full-blown PS, but it's something...
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.