Gadget Idea: Tracker Bullets

Started by NeoSuperior, December 07, 2013, 08:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto1223

I didnt like the idea too much, because even in single fire mode its going to be too easy to track spies. I think this idea would be better if the tracker bullets were part of a tracker dart gun, or a rifle under-barrell attachment which is fired separately.

I dont like the idea that every time a merc shoots to kill a spy, he will be able to track the spy. I only like this idea if the merc has to fire this "tracked bullet" on purpose in order to track spy.

So either the merc has to take out a "tracker bullet" firing pistol and then hit the spy. or the merc needs to fire the tracker bullet with a separate trigger that is not the same trigger as the lethal bullets. (kind of how frags are fired from a gun attachment).

NeoSuperior

Quote from: Roberto1223 on February 18, 2014, 10:55:39 AM
I didnt like the idea too much, because even in single fire mode its going to be too easy to track spies. I think this idea would be better if the tracker bullets were part of a tracker dart gun, or a rifle under-barrell attachment which is fired separately.

I dont like the idea that every time a merc shoots to kill a spy, he will be able to track the spy. I only like this idea if the merc has to fire this "tracked bullet" on purpose in order to track spy.

So either the merc has to take out a "tracker bullet" firing pistol and then hit the spy. or the merc needs to fire the tracker bullet with a separate trigger that is not the same trigger as the lethal bullets. (kind of how frags are fired from a gun attachment).

As it is taking up 1 whole gadget space (which for example makes it impossible to take camera or BP) and is only active for a very short time, I think the constraints to make it balanced enough are there. And it would seem really weird if you had to choose between track and kill. IMO it would also stop being "assymetric gameplay" as that would be tracker bullets a 1:1 copy of spy bullets.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin