Windows 7 being a douche :|

Started by DreadStunLock, April 08, 2011, 09:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

New PC, everything works well, the only game I love so much has stopped working :( SCCT versus, 20 times I tried going past the profile page it gives me:

"SCCT_Versus.ex has stopped working"

I tried every compatibility mode, I tried using FrameUnlocker.exe see if that helps it to get through, I tried all the resolutions, I tried matching the resolutions with the monitor and the game and still nothing, anyone by any chance has got an idea how to fix it? Maybe some sort of an application?

LennardF1989

Use 3d analyzer:
Force windowed mode
Force Max Pixel Shader Model version 1.4
Force High Precision Pixel Shader
All Game/Demo Fixes

Windowed was required on my PC, otherwise I couldn't ALT+Tab in and out of the game, so it's optional I guess. It made my game run pretty stable on Win7 x64.

Other options are required to make flashlight work. Other than that, injecting the 3D analyzer alone makes the game more stable (even without ticking anything).

DreadStunLock

Thanks Lennard, which version of 3D analyzer have you got by the way?

Nope, the versus is still being a tw*t, it shows the Chaos Theory image couple of seconds of loading and back to the SCCT_Versus.ex has stopped working :(

Cronky

"Run as Administrator" works on all problems.

Try it and then weep at the simplicity.

(If it doesn't work... Then I would recommend you just stop playing CT) ;)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

LennardF1989

Quote from: Cronky on April 08, 2011, 10:53:10 PM
"Run as Administrator" works on all problems.

Try it and then weep at the simplicity.

(If it doesn't work... Then I would recommend you just stop playing CT) ;)
Even better, disable UAC all together. It's fucking annoying and causes these kind of issues. I assumed you already disabled it when I suggested 3d Analyzer (which I still recommend to use).

DreadStunLock

First I tried with UAC, ran both the batch file, the game and the 3D analyzer(Fludge me that was alot of "YES I F**KING AGREE) then without.

Now it changed a bit of course. Instead of showing SCCT_Versus.ex has stopped working, the 3D analyzer started to freeze after couple of seconds, and couple second later un-freeze and then nothing.

That probably happened because I deleted the BMP image that would pop up, thinking it would somehow fool it :/ But still...nothing :(

Cronky

If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

knooger

Quote from: Cronky on April 08, 2011, 11:52:10 PM
Delete your System32 folder.
And make "con" folder on your desktop.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Cronky on April 08, 2011, 11:52:10 PM
Delete your System32 folder.

Cronky@
Tried that, but the Orangutan said:

-You can't do that without a receipt.

Knooger@
I actually did  that, but nothing happened? Well except the fact that it wouldn't let me :P

DreadStunLock

Burp a durp, bump.

How screwed am I? :(

DreadStunLock

Reviving this thread just to tell you guys, versus is back working, the only inconvenience is that I have to input the CD key and delete the file in the ProgramData with the CDKey registered, otherwise it works flawlessly, and thank god that the file is not associated with resolution and keybindings.

It seems to me that whenever the file is deleted it goes through the profile page in a flash instead of being super slow, the bad thing is, Xfire doesn't detect it, neither does Fraps :|

BUT DAMN THIS FEELS GOOOUUUUUD :) Trolololp :)