REALITY CHECK: each person write 1 thing they would like to see in PS

Started by .leelu12., May 15, 2008, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Rambo on May 16, 2008, 04:16:30 PM
Quote from: BurningDeath on May 16, 2008, 02:10:34 PM
You're wrong, that has been discussed and voted to dead and we always came up with 3 rifles being the superior solution.
roflcopter. just tell me one good reason why a 3 weapon system is superior to a one weapon system  (besides adding variety which isn't a valid point at all). just because most people think that doesn't make it a valid points; good reasons make it a valid point, and i clearly have the better ones (and so far only ones) on my side. how about countering them instead of spamming bullshit about variety and that this topic was soooo old (it's like making a point with the bible XD)?

Quote from: Cyntrox on May 16, 2008, 02:13:59 PM
Why not just have a button for NOT grabbing ledges, like someone suggested some time ago?
yeah right that's the best solution so far (totally forgot about that one XD).

There have been plenty of reasons to keep them the way as they are now, but there have also been plenty of reasons to make a 1 weapon system.  Just because you don't see those reasons doesn't mean they are invalid.  I for one might prefere a 1 weapon system with different attachments, though they can still take the old effects like a shotgun attachment or a high cap mag.  But hey, everyone here has different opinions.

I <3 U

I damn hope there are 3 different weapons. I hope they are actually different guns aswell. When i play CT and i see a merc with a shotty or uzi or rifle (all extremely distinguisable from each other) i have different game plans.. If its just a single gun with attachments, i will be surprised when the merc blows my head off with his 12 guage pump action...

Farley4Fan

There's a great reason to keep 3 distinguishable guns Freeman, hadn't thought of that.  But then again, a surprise is always good.  Sometimes.  Actually not if it's a bad surprise lol...  BUT, possibly, you could keep the one weapon system, but have a small different colored light on the attachment.  For example if you take a shotgun attachment the attachment might have a small green colored light on it.  Or if you took a high cap mag and a faster ROF, the gun may have a small blue light on it.  Just thinking....

Cyntrox

Quote from: Papa Skull on May 17, 2008, 12:20:07 AM
There's a great reason to keep 3 distinguishable guns Freeman, hadn't thought of that.  But then again, a surprise is always good.  Sometimes.  Actually not if it's a bad surprise lol...  BUT, possibly, you could keep the one weapon system, but have a small different colored light on the attachment.  For example if you take a shotgun attachment the attachment might have a small green colored light on it.  Or if you took a high cap mag and a faster ROF, the gun may have a small blue light on it.  Just thinking....
I'd consider getting your head obliterated a bad surprise.

As for the lights system, it'd just steepen the learning curve while not affecting gameplay on a higher level. It'd be hard for a new player to remember what all the different lights mean, especially when learning an entirely new game.

Gawain

what i want isn't a gun with shotgun or uzi attachments, but just the pt rifle and that's it. and i'm pretty sure that you have nothing to back up your "opinion" besides the stupid remark that it's your opinion (o rly?) and that it adds variety (a tomatoe-thrower as a 4th weapon would do that, too).
@laaleeluu: you gotta make a list in the opening post to keep it clean anyways.

Zedblade

Quote from: Cyntrox on May 16, 2008, 02:13:59 PM
Quote from: BurningDeath on May 16, 2008, 02:10:34 PM
What I'm not agreeing on is the extra key to grab ledges. It'll be a pain in the ass if you always have to push a button to make the spy grab a ledge, better just adjust the auto-grab so its logical.
Why not just have a button for NOT grabbing ledges, like someone suggested some time ago?

That was something I suggested a long time ago, when PT was still being played. I agree it's the best course of action. I'll try to get it implemented in PS becuase frankly auto-grabbing was one of the most annoying and game-ending 'features' that killed the experience.

There are several ways we can do it.

Either Have Auto-grab on, and you must hold down, lets says Shift, while jumping or falling and it won't grab anything you will continue to go down untill you land on something solid.

And option to turn auto-grab off and you have to press a button to grab.

Or a combo of the above. Either way it's something that will get fixed.

Kurbutti

I think getting killed when landing on a sticky shocked merc is too much. I'd say that the spy should just  get shocked himself, but shouldn't get killed. Fix that.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

I'd like NOT to see the 'sound zones', as in - you're outside of a room, you hear nothing (open doors/ windows whatever), and when you get in you hear everything (as in, you get soundblasted).

Royale

@Rambo:
Thx for trying to Hijack this thread again and again  :-*

I think that the sound of a spy performing a roll as well as the sound of a spy shooting with his gun should be detected by mercs.

(This will probably be implemented anyways but:)
I would like to be able to knock down a spy in every situation, like when he's hanging/climbing up a ledge.

frvge

Temporarily locked. Posters are requested to make their own discussions about things they do and dont like. But keep this as a list.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Hahaha....

- I'd like to see a better shadows and lighting system.  I want shadows of characters to have a bigger effect on gameplay.  You need to be aware of where your shadow is casting more than in previous games.  This can be achieved just with better lighting effects.

Wandering_Youth

I like to see no lag while playing this game when it is completed and fair judgement used when things need balancing/fixing for the game.  CT: SvM had things that really pissed me off like being able to see spy outlines through EMF and Mercs being able to shoot/snipe/fire through certain vents/walls when they not suppose to be able to. ::)

.leelu12.

Quote from: Wandering_Youth on May 20, 2008, 10:33:47 AM
Mercs being able to shoot/snipe/fire through certain vents/walls when they not suppose to be able to. ::)
uzi to tea/lunch room ceilings  :o
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}