Main Menu

Precesion

Started by AgentX_003, August 08, 2008, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MulleDK19

Quote from: MR.Mic on August 21, 2008, 01:44:38 PM
Quote from: MulleDK13 on August 21, 2008, 12:36:56 PM
Quote from: LennardF1989 on August 08, 2008, 01:38:37 AM
It's called "Shitty Ubisoft networking code"...

Not only... Another reason is that the collision radius of the merc is increased while charging, making it possible for them to hit a spy, even though they're not near him.

No it's not. The reason is that charging is clientside.

That too.

The worst thing is that player positions are NOT replicated!
Well.. Okay, the position values are... But the players are not placed at the positions the clients receive.. The pawns will try to walk to the position.

I've done several investigations and testings in this.

And this is why people some times experience that mercs have charged them through a wall.. Because the pawn was trying to walk to the position it was giving, but because of a very little lag the position changed to behind a wall before they could get to the first position they were given, which causes them to get blocked by a wall, and seem to be on the opposite wall to other clients, than they really are.

The same counts for charges, the pawn hasn't reached the position it was supposed to be at, and since charges are clientside (health to lose is even controlled clientside), they'll charge you where you are not!

I've recorded a video of the bad ubi coding, if anyone wanna see it xD

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

MulleDK19

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on September 06, 2008, 03:05:13 PM
Show it :)

Okay.. Will take a few days though, cause I recorded it with my PDA, and I need to power it, transfer the file, and convert it.. And I'm too lazy right now xD

Maybe tomorrow ^^

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Vega

Quote from: Fruitless Man on August 08, 2008, 04:01:12 AM
No I prefer choppy gameplay... Are you kidding? Of course we want it smoother. That's not even a question.

QFE.  Agent, this is a pretty pointless topic.