Observatory map

Started by Daybreak, February 03, 2008, 10:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 04, 2008, 09:52:39 PM
I just never thought that Argus would ever work for terrorists.  I think that a storyline would be cool though.  It gives a little more depth and reason to be playing.
Assume that the spies are the bad guys and you're done.

Farley4Fan

Noooo  :'(

jk  I don't really care either but I don't think that any neutral group would side with terrorists.  Even though they are neutral.

Zedblade

I just never thought that Argus would ever work for terrorists.  I think that a storyline would be cool though.  It gives a little more depth and reason to be playing.

Argus? When did this become CT? Our merc and spy do not have names yet... nor a story. Nor anything. Your using the story and setup of CT and using them on PS for no reasons.

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on February 04, 2008, 09:53:54 PM
Assume that the spies are the bad guys and you're done.

Or...

Assume both are working for neutral organizations that do work for whoever pays best, ... morality be damned. Thats really the only way to make every map and ever situation make sense.

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 04, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
Noooo  :'(

jk  I don't really care either but I don't think that any neutral group would side with terrorists.  Even though they are neutral.

If you can't get past that good/bad thing. The clients don't have to say what they are guarding... And I'm sure that a organization will do anything for the right money... saying you don't think people would work for terrorist is naive...

Farley4Fan

What if you had a big storyline though?  You would just play chapters of it if you choose just one map.  But I think that it would be cool to have just one big storyline and if you give players the ability to play them in order of the story to get a more intense feel to it.

If you play it in order you could have a guy do voiceovers while loading (nothing like that annoying girl's voice on DA) but it would say stuff like this: "After the shadownet spies suffered an important defeat, they organized an attack on the bank to pay back the money they lost after the last mission."  or "Group 13-B of the Mercenary Corp. were sent to lock down a bank in Brazilia, Brazil after recieving word that a group of spies were planning to infiltrate it."That would only happen if the host chose to play all the maps in one big strand of missions so the stories tie together.

I would love to have that writer in the join us forum (think his name is shadowhand) on the production team for something like this.

Cyntrox

I just never thought that Argus would ever work for terrorists.
Why not?

Hyrage

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

Xris

Quote from: Zedblade on February 04, 2008, 09:20:43 PM
Quote from: Daybreak on February 04, 2008, 09:15:43 PM
I agree with Zed, which is why I made up a story line months ago that supported random maps.

On another note, did he just call me Binary?

pftt.... no.

obviously you did ... you edited it, plus i read it b4 u did  :P

Daybreak

Thanks there Fusion. Way to point out the obvious...

Anyway, looks like I'll have to upgrade to windows xp and get UT3. In the mean time, I'll take more notes and measurements. Hopefully, putting it into unreal will be easy. The hard part will be creating the assets.

PS. If you want I can repost my snopsis (story line). Or you can find it here in the forum somewhere.

Xris

YW

What are you using right now if your not already on XP or Vista?

Zedblade

Quote from: FusionSlayer on February 05, 2008, 12:52:22 AM
YW

What are you using right now if your not already on XP or Vista?

Well he said 'upgrade' so I'm assuming he's on windows 98... which can't be right since CT doesn't work on 98 (unless he only has the Versus installed.)

or it could have been a joke on Vista, since vista sucks so much downgrading to XP is actually an upgrade...

Xris

LIES!! lol
im on vista i like it, ppl need to stop saying shit and actually try it
if you did try it and don't like it then thats your preference, but dont bash it if you havent even tried it.

Daybreak

Windows 2000 for the win!

Xris

ah thats not soo bad, lots of businesses that didnt switch to XP still us 2000

AgentX_003

Quote from: FusionSlayer on February 05, 2008, 01:12:36 AM
LIES!! lol
im on vista i like it, ppl need to stop saying shit and actually try it
if you did try it and don't like it then thats your preference, but dont bash it if you havent even tried it.

thats what people said about double agent  :-\

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Vega

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 04, 2008, 10:26:10 PM
What if you had a big storyline though?  You would just play chapters of it if you choose just one map.  But I think that it would be cool to have just one big storyline and if you give players the ability to play them in order of the story to get a more intense feel to it.

If you play it in order you could have a guy do voiceovers while loading (nothing like that annoying girl's voice on DA) but it would say stuff like this: "After the shadownet spies suffered an important defeat, they organized an attack on the bank to pay back the money they lost after the last mission."  or "Group 13-B of the Mercenary Corp. were sent to lock down a bank in Brazilia, Brazil after recieving word that a group of spies were planning to infiltrate it."That would only happen if the host chose to play all the maps in one big strand of missions so the stories tie together.

I would love to have that writer in the join us forum (think his name is shadowhand) on the production team for something like this.

You make it sound like a Hollywood B movie.  Spies go in and steal/hack something that mercenaries are paid to protect.  That's all we basically learn in CT.  Even foregoing that idea in PS, your storyline sounds comical.  "Damn those Argus mercenaries!  They always beat us, they're like 5-0 this season!  That was such an important loss, we're definitely not going to Finals this year.  Great season guys!  Nice try, we did well."

I'm all for having a storyline that fits the game, but let's not turn this game into some lame, elite blood sport.  I'm not bashing you, but considering this idea is on-par with your Spy-Truck-Respawner, I felt the need to disagree.