Tick Tock done (Kismet)

Started by frvge, April 16, 2009, 12:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

For some mysterious reason, Kismet lags like a bitch for me but the editor itself is fine. :/ Nice stuff though, I laughed when the spy was seemingly bouncing around the room at the end. :P

Tidenburg

I realise you're reworking the animations at the moment, but did the spy turn with the camera? I know obviously it's a mod of a FPS so it'd be expected, but he's still planned to turn with the keys in the end, right?

frvge

Currently he turns with the camera, like UT3 in third-person. In the end, he wont.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ion.67

I like the loading screen...

OConnor

So... its an .avi  1.

2.  i just hear audio, no video when downloaded.. whats the issue?

frvge

It's xvid encoded. Try installing a codec-pack. I use K-lite codec. (google it).
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Bubbaganoosh

Very nice guys. Looks like things are shaping up and moving along nicely.

I use K-Lite as well and it works great. The best part about it is it will
let you play QT movies in Media Player Clasic which is a million times
better than having to download Apple bullshit.

I was going to ask. Those function blocks you guys use there, are they coded in C+ or VB or whatever
scripting language the editor uses? Did you code them from scratch or build on blocks already in the editor.

These may seem like dumb questions to some but I ask anyways.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

MulleDK19

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on April 20, 2009, 04:54:17 PMI was going to ask. Those function blocks you guys use there, are they coded in C+ or VB or whatever
scripting language the editor uses? Did you code them from scratch or build on blocks already in the editor.

These may seem like dumb questions to some but I ask anyways.

The Kismet nodes are inheriting a native class (To allow us to use the Kismet system). The actual code of the nodes were made from scratch.

UnrealEngine's scripting language is UnrealScript, which has a C like syntax.

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

LoChang

scope2005

Only just had a chance to check out the last few months worth of tick-tock threads, no point starting a new thread on it all. Just need to say the team has made Impressive progress as always.

Kismet looks like a very useful tool, especially since it can be used to effect events that happen in a level based on team-balance.

Genius.

AgentX_003

Quote from: scope2005 on June 14, 2009, 03:09:44 AM
Only just had a chance to check out the last few months worth of tick-tock threads, no point starting a new thread on it all. Just need to say the team has made Impressive progress as always.

Kismet looks like a very useful tool, especially since it can be used to effect events that happen in a level based on team-balance.

Genius.

hmm it seems you always return to your roots, Scope so good to see ya buddy :) been a while :D !

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

scope2005

Quote from: AgentX_003 on June 14, 2009, 05:53:22 AM

hmm it seems you always return to your roots, Scope so good to see ya buddy :) been a while :D !

That it has my friend, that it has.

Between work, familly and other distractions I am rarely able to check up on anything gaming related. I will definitely be an active member of the community once more when PS hits, of that I have no doubt. It's going to be massive and I will put my hectic life on the backburner for a while to find the time to enjoy it (and the old school forum rants too ;) ).