"What artists/programmers are proud of"-thread

Started by frvge, November 25, 2010, 01:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hello all,

In the next few days we'll be releasing images and videos showing off some of the things our dev members are proud of.

We're starting off with the beds by pmckai86, made for Asylum.
Beds 1
Beds 2

Originally more like a modern bed, we quickly pointed out that the timeframe was wrong. After some research by pmckai86, he settled on the current look, derived from hospital beds in the 1950s. The bed has been made in a modular way. The pillow can be removed, and the matrass and sheet too. Different textures on the frame are the finishing touch.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

DreadStunLock

Are we allowed to post here?

If yes, we need blood effects :) Would be a nice effect when you torchlight over it :)

comicsserg

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on November 25, 2010, 01:39:55 PM
Hello all,

In the next few days we'll be releasing images and videos showing off some of the things our dev members are proud of.

Beds 1
Beds 2

Originally more like a modern bed, we quickly pointed out that the timeframe was wrong. After some research by pmckai86, he settled on the current look, derived from hospital beds in the 1950s. The bed has been made in a modular way. The pillow can be removed, and the matrass and sheet too. Different textures on the frame are the finishing touch.

Hmm a possibilty that the spies may be able to prone :D? ... i mean theres a drape/ sheeting hanging on the one side, so thus in theory the spy could hide under.. hence you said the bed/ pillow can be removed ? ( i might have read that fast due i just woke up xD.)

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

unskilled

You should design beds for dead people, they are iron and looks like half tin.
Maybe you to be ''more realistic'' you should watch photos/videos from old hospitals?:D

Maybe creators of models/map/textures etc. would watch some old hospitals and buildings around europe
go on http://opuszczone.com and look for some hospitals etc. maybe it will give you any fresh ideas :D

DreadStunLock

They are not tin looking at all, they are low poly, as well as they have no high detail reflection on the metal parts.

comicsserg

Quote from: AgentX_003 on November 25, 2010, 05:20:30 PM
Hello all,

Beds 1
Beds 2

Hmm a possibilty that the spies may be able to prone :D? ... i mean theres a drape/ sheeting hanging on the one side, so thus in theory the spy could hide under.. hence you said the bed/ pillow can be removed ? ( i might have read that fast due i just woke up xD.)
Or maybe...spy can lie down on the bed and fake death ;) and merc want notice him  :D hahaahaha
I'm joking sry

AgentX_003

Quote from: comicsserg on November 25, 2010, 06:16:33 PM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on November 25, 2010, 05:20:30 PM
Hello all,

Beds 1
Beds 2

Or maybe...spy can lie down on the bed and fake death ;) and merc want notice him  :D hahaahaha
I'm joking sry

im smell some truth :D to that hence there was never the wall run like that in versus sooo anything is possible xD

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

We dont have plans for going prone. It would either mess up gameplay too much, or really take the speed out of the Spy (thus making the game boring).
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

Prone, Nah. Don't need it. Unless it's going prone inside a skinny vent or something.

Cardboard Box gadget. Now there's something I could actually see.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

Frvge you are proud of ure ingame UI, post it!

tigaer

Cronky

Quote from: tigger on November 25, 2010, 10:54:35 PM
Quote from: DreadStunLock on November 25, 2010, 09:47:58 PM
Frvge you are proud of ure ingame UI, post it!

Yeah, Frvge's UI... okay. :(

Who said you could stop working??? I don't pay you to type!
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

frvge

And the next thing.

A video from comicsserg who has been working on new animations and tweaking older ones.
This is a render from the latest neckbreak with a ragdoll effect in Maya (which didn't really turn out the way we wanted, but meh)

Neckbreak anim

DreadStunLock

Quote from: frvge on November 26, 2010, 07:37:19 PM
And the next thing.

A video from comicsserg who has been working on new animations and tweaking older ones.
This is a render from the latest neckbreak with a ragdoll effect in Maya (which didn't really turn out the way we wanted, but meh)

Neckbreak anim

COMMISERG, COMMISERG, COMMISERG, COMMISERG, COMMISERG, COMMISERG, COMMISERG, COMMISERG, COMMISERG,

Now that was ub3r awezome!