Call for artists

Started by frvge, December 17, 2008, 12:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

Project Stealth is still looking for a good webdesigner.
We'd like to give you also a chance to showcase your 2D skills and maybe your design will be used to create a kick-ass website.

What do you have to do:
Make a good design including visual art for the future Project Stealth website. Quality should be around the level of http://projectstealthgame.com/public/wallpapers/1280SPY.jpg made by seefoo

When and what can you win:
You'll win if your design is used. Prize will be either the Steam version of AudioSurf or a SCCT Coop DVD. Note: even if your design is chosen to be the best, if it does not meet our level of quality it will not be used, meaning you wont get a prize. (sucks, but we have to draw the line somewhere to keep up the standards)

What if you can't do graphics yourself:
If you know a friend or collegue who's more than above average good at creating website-layouts, and if you can get him to submit the best design that is going to be used, you'll both win, with the actual creator choosing his/her prize first.

What do you have to submit:
JPGs in full resolution (1024x768) for the homepage (where general info/news will be located), a download-page and the community-portal overview (with links to forums and chat and other community-based downloads). Additional pages are a plus.

What can you use:
Any image we released far. Downloadable from moddb.com.

Which site-layouts can you use as inspiration:
- tweakers.net
- community.enemyterritory.com
- moddb.com
- linkedin.com
- xfire.com
- hyves.nl
- myspace.com

What is the time frame:
You have roughly 1.5 months (so it should be done at the end of January)

Misc stuff:
If we find a good external webdesigner during the period of the contest, you'll be notified via thisi thread and the contest will be suspended. You can still continue to work on your submission, of course, but that's at your own risk.

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

Not trying to be rude, but tbh I can't see the SCCT Co-op DVD bringing in the crowds..after all the game is like 4 years old, and barely anybody plays versus, so who's going to play co-op? Why not just give cash prizes :D?

frvge

Well, I still have a lot of them here... looking back, it was maybe a too big investment. But Pretend3r and I  had fun making it.

Money is something that just isn't right. We're volunteers. So any small thing we (read: I) can spare, is something that is just a nice-to-have. If I were to pay the community, I'd have to pay the devs first... and their combined hourly wages beat my own by far.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gui Brazil

Quote from: FR33M4N on December 17, 2008, 11:48:06 PM
Why not just give cash prizes :D?

Dude what the fuck...Forgot the fact that this is a mod and nobody is receiving anything?

Quote from: frvge on December 18, 2008, 12:11:17 AM

Money is something that just isn't right. If I were to pay the community, I'd have to pay the devs first... and their combined hourly wages beat my own by far.

Ion.67

What I am working on right now at my place of work (which is family owned) is a new program that enables professional looking websites that even a secretary could create. It is in testing phase, me being the only tester. I could try it out for a site like this. The only problem would be setting up CSS sheets, which I am no pro at.

frvge

We only need a custom design. Code is not required (will probably be redone by me if it's provided).

Ion.67

Quote from: frvge on December 18, 2008, 12:47:38 AM
We only need a custom design. Code is not required (will probably be redone by me if it's provided).

Oh, so only like a jpeg of the layout?

frvge

Yes. A screenshot will do.

For PS I want to have something special :)

frvge

Has anyone started already? If you have other good ideas for layouts, you can make a quick mock-up too :)

Tidenburg

You'd probably get a better go if you went to some kind of web design forums, posted a sob-story about how you have no money and then see the results. ;)

frvge

Yes, but then there's little to no connection with the SAM-spirit.

Zephon

Hello everyone (and frvge)

I read your Reply on ModDB Forums, and unfortanetly i cannot wirte any "join-in" requests because of my still existing Projects, which are, at one time not overcharging, but if there are 3 Projects, its like a full Time Job, even in the Holidays  :P

But i like your Mod, and your Work, so i try some things out (Layout and more) in the next days, and maybe there will something to "grab" in the evening today.

Only some Ideas, i had, when i saw your suggestions, work, ideas and logos. I have to try out or i couldn't sleep the following night  ;)

I hope its not like "holy crap, a freelancer" or "who's... this man?" .  :)

kind regards and a happy new year.

Daybreak

I have started again.
I did one design way back when, but as most said too simple and lacked the omff of professionalism and Project Stealths atmosphere. So i'm workin' on it.

frvge

ok. Make sure you use the list of inspiration.
I personally like http://community.enemyterritory.com/ too. *adds that to the first post*.

frvge

Quote from: Daybreak on January 08, 2009, 04:31:26 AM
I have started again.
I did one design way back when, but as most said too simple and lacked the omff of professionalism and Project Stealths atmosphere. So i'm workin' on it.
Hey, we've got help of Spark/Tal/Lethal-chicken now, so it's not necessary anymore. You can still show your results for inspiration.

This 'contest/action-thingy' is now (temporarily?) closed/suspended.