PS 3rd party custom map [Cancelled]

Started by nubishdubishbone, September 04, 2010, 08:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nubishdubishbone

i had another thread but finding things became difficult, here is what i have:

got a tech demo up: http://www.24-game.org/Limerick/Laos_TechDemo_PS_media/Laos_TechDemo_PS.wmv

got a shorter video with updated lighting: http://www.24-game.org/LightTestLate.wmv

wallpaper @ 1680x1050 for you guys http://www.24-game.org/PS2.jpg

http://www.24-game.org/Updated_Rain.wmv... implemented rain...

Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

DreadStunLock

IncomprabLe

What you thing about including a burning fire ( dont know the exact word in english just take a look here - http://www.kitawolke7.de/img/lagerfeuer.gif ).

nubishdubishbone

yes, i have barrels placed, map is coming along, it has only started a week ago, i will add things like this but am busy building all areas of the map that will be playable. i have a fog material made and other particle FX like 'bon-fires' and water smoking is part of it.

thanks for the comments guys, i appreciate it.
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

nubishdubishbone

coop spot to sneak in the back of the old airport:

nubishdubishbone

nubishdubishbone

new tents, i know small:
http://www.24-game.org/tents.jpg

MR.Mic

Why are the only shadows in your map from SSAO? Do you not know how to enable shadows?
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

nubishdubishbone

there are 2 versions of that map in the footage... one has ambient skylight.

also mic while i have you, i added a collision node to my particle system, how do i block it from going where i do no want it?

nubishdubishbone

nubishdubishbone

so i guess the question is why should i give this map to PS?  mean you don't have any modeling help to offer so i have to make "non-organic props" myself anyways... after reading how wonderful all of the "Join Us" posts were, and how ignorant that people that act like d-bag's in forums are often cool people IRL, why should PS start with an additional map, or should i make you guys sweat over it it... hmm. what to do, i am dimmy after all (as if going incognito doesnt admit guilt in the first place, i was trying to make a new start) and you played nazi LENNARD. you got lucky Lenny, that you got your postiion before someone else did. not a bashing thing, more like a "there's tons of applicants thing", but not for this game.

see im not in it for the fame, the women, the company, i am in it cuz despite the meat n' gravy shit i do for the public im fuckin' amazing. No it's ok take a look at the WIP's and rip on me, but you really havent seen my "quality".

and besides the alligator thing, and this rant, ive done my fuckin work without a peep except to discuss LoS objects which didnt need to exist (as if i didnt already think of that) anyways.

before you shock me with: FarleyFan is making a 100% clone anyways, don't bother i never wanted to work with you guys, its just easier to step on successful people when you're capable of being successful yourself.

40-60 hours' (a week's) worth of time spent on... myself, sure you helped me with motivation specifically of the type: "hey can you build this?" and when i do all i get is a wow or 00h, or aww, from nobody noteable (sorry dread), it's a shame you have so much talent in specific areas but cannot get it together with communication.

why shouldn't i think back: "these are the same pukes that bashed me on my CT maps while none of them made any good ones", while i taught dizzle and red, not to mention a handful of GTA 3 modders how to use 3ds max, you think i fall short cuz im lazy? no i helped tons of people, with aliases you could only find in a month-long ritalin binging manhunt-search of the web...

tigaer

I don't understand that last post... are you asking to be a dev member? Cause that post was the shittiest way of asking I have ever read. You successfully bashed our entire team, and called out Lennard.

???

Kon Artist

i must have missed something... all the people that I work with here have been pretty cool.  Also, if your map is a WIP, who cares what it looks like.  Focus on playability, flow and balance.  Once it's how you like, then put time into your assets.  That was probably your plan anyways.

nubishdubishbone

that last post is a summary of the way i have been treated on this forums, since day 1, and even how i was treated back in Ubi's CT editor forums... i have done so much more for the SC community, pound for pound, nobody realizes i am just like you, but i do have great differences in my core beliefs.

i am not asking for anything THAN AN ANSWER TO THE FUCKING QUESTION AT THE TOP...

1: i asked a question, stop using bs tact to "protect" your precious community and i won't attack you (i know they dont teach you this at the mall, but you, or in my dialect "youz" can be plural).
2: Lennard had that coming, go read "Limerick- Application to be a modeler".
3: since i am working like this with no communications from the dev's beyond a mozzerrella-stick-ey garble of "use moveable thpotliths", i think i want to know what are the benefits of making this map available to PS?

My Watchdog Agent hasn't been much company so i guess im jonezing for some Dev Love eh? forget 'aboout it.

i agree those who were not around during the CT mapping wars are more personable than the older, core members... besides element and Mic (watch theyll hop the fence just cuz i said that). can you not drop it? btw not deleting my post may gain exposure for you but it closes the door for me, i whs you'd see that gain has consequences.

Kon Artist

Quote from: nubishdubishbone on September 05, 2010, 10:20:15 PM
that last post is a summary of the way i have been treated on this forums, since day 1, and even how i was treated back in Ubi's CT editor forums... i have done so much more for the SC community, pound for pound, nobody realizes i am just like you, but i do have great differences in my core beliefs.

i am not asking for anything THAN AN ANSWER TO THE FUCKING QUESTION AT THE TOP...

1: i asked a question, stop using bs tact to "protect" your precious community and i won't attack you.
2: Lennard had that coming, go read "Limerick- Application to be a modeler".
3: since i am working like this with no communications from the dev's beyond a mozzerrella-stick-ey garble of "use moveable thpotliths", i think i want to know what are the benefits of making this map available to PS?

i agree those wo were not around during the CT mapping wars are more personable that the older, core members, can you not drop it? btw deleting my post may gain exposure for you but it closes the door for me, i whs you'd see that gain has consequences.

learning how to work well with other, oh and your map in a stand alone game.  I think this is kind of like going to a job interview and asking the future boss, "tell me a why I should work here, and it would be the dumbest decision in his life if he didn't hire you."

Stroking yourself isn't the best way to get on board, regardless of what happen previously.  And if your really not interested in joining PS, whats the point of all this?